Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cut columns in everyline
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut columns in everyline Post 302247519 by RahulJoshi on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 09:18:15 PM
Old 10-15-2008
This also work:
awk '{print substr($0,17,14), print substr($0,750,26),print substr($0,776,4), print substr($0,780,29)}' logfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut - columns with formatted Output

Hi I have the input file as below ***TEST10067 00567GROSZ 099 00567CTCTSDS90 ***TEST20081 08233GROZWEWE 00782GWERW899 ***TEST30088 08233GROZWEWE 00782GWERW899 I am finding the lines starting with *** and outputing as below TEST10067 TEST20081 TEST30088 I need a space between TEST1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut and paste columns using awk

Hi, Let's say that I have a file called table, I know that if I need to see a the second column for exampls I use: awk ' {print $2}' table.txt Is there anyway to use awk to actually cut a column and put it somewhere else in the table?:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk new datetime everyline

Hi, I'm using awk in HP-UX machine which does not support systime(), strftime(). So to get the date time I was using : seq 1 100000 | awk ' "date +%Y%m%d%H%M%s" | getline curtime; print curtime }' However the above code gets the date only once, next time it is not updated. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random_Net
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut columns with delimiter

HI, I have a file like below "103865","103835","Zming","","Zhu","103965","Sunnyvale","US", "116228","116227","Morlla","","Kowalski","113228","Paese "(Treviso)""IT" I want to validate the 7th column which is below. "Sunnyvale" "Paese In the above 7th column Paese is not ended with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns

Hi Description of input file I have: ------------------------- 1) CSV with double quotes for string fields. 2) Some string fields have Comma as part of field value. 3) Have Duplicate lines 4) Have 200 columns/fields 5) File size is more than 10GB Description of output file I need:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed cut columns

hello everyone ! i face the following problem as i use sed to ignore some columns of an output. the command i use is sed 's/^\(*\) \(*\).*/\1 \2/' as i only want the 2 first columns the command finger returns the problem is that for some lines the results are fine but for other lines... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK command to cut the desired header columns

Hi Friends, I have a file1 i want to retrieve only the fields which have DEP,CITY,TRANS as headers in other file. Output: I want to give the input as DEP,CITY,TRANS column names to get the output. i used cut command .. but if i have 300 fileds it is more difficult to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append server name to everyline?

I am executing df -mP to see the disk utilization. I would like to append servername also to each and every line. df -mP | awk '{ print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6 }' trying to add something like this df -mP | awk '{ print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6","$hostname }' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lazydev
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line from searched file if grep find neighbor columns

Hello All, While searching for the question, I found some answers but my implementation is not giving expected output. I have two files; one is sourcefile, other is named template. What I want to do is to search each line in template, when found all columns, cut the matching line from source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--Parsing out strings for repeating delimiters for everyline

Hello: I have some text output, on SunOS 5.11 platform using KSH: I am trying to parse out each string within the () for each line. I tried, as example: perl -lanF"" -e 'print "$F $F $F $F $F $F"' But for some reason, the output gets all garbled after the the first fields.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
8 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD