Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Check if an application is accessible when trying to use http://localhost in Unix Post 302247400 by JimmyJ on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 04:03:38 PM
Old 10-15-2008
Question Check if an application is accessible when trying to use http://localhost in Unix

Hm am the perfect newbieSmilie

I handle an application on a production servers having a SunOS 5.8 and iplanet webserver instance. Users trying to access it on https are getting "Cannot find the server". I checked with the n/w and secuirty and they said traffic is allowed to the server. Everything was fine till yesterday.

Now I want to check if the server instance is working fine. In windows I could have accessed it as htps://localhost/myapp in a browser to confirm it.

Is there a way I can do this on Unix. Any chance to type in a url and get something back which could be useful

Thanks in advance

Jimmy is trying to walk for the first timeSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix, Netscape and Localhost

I have configured local host (127.0.0.1) in the hosts file, and the Apache conf file. Why does Netscape take me to a search page when I attempt to go to Http://localhost ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scruffeone
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

How can I check what port addresses used the application

Hello Mentors! I am a new here in the furom, i hope somebody can understand my problem. Basically we have an application here called unigraphics and being installed per station and the setup is look like this. 1. installed unigraphics UGNX3 version on every station 2. some are installed in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Check for open application

Hi there, Is there any command to check if a particular application is open on a mac? thanks :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is being accessed by any application

Hello, is there maybe a way to check if a specific file is being accessed at the moment? Example: You will start copying a 10 GB file from A to B, how could I code it so my script actually knows when file B is finished copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check that nfsmounted filesystem on nfsclient is accessible or not

hello, on Linux machine,how can i check with any command or any trick that nfs mounted file system is actually accessible or not w/o creating any file in nfsmounted location.mount,df -t nfs etc commands will only show mount entries but in case of small storage which is nfs mounted ,how to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if an application has been installed on a unix/linux box?

hi, guys, now I face a problem. I have developed an application, and when it starts, it shall check if an application has been installed on the running linux/unix. If result is positive, i do something with the application command. just as an example: I want to check if sshd has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk1418
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting a permanent global variable in unix accessible from any script

Is there anyway in which i can set a permanent global variable in unix, which when initialised with a value and modified during any shell script, would retain its value even if i logout and login I dont know whether i am being able to express my need clearly but basically what i want is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

how to check remote server port listening from application.

Hi, I have an application running on HP-UX, from this application I need to findout if the port number. lets say 7890,7891, 7892 are listening on the remote server running on HP-UX. Is there any way of doing it using "system()" function or any other? I noticed that nmap, netcat are not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
0 Replies
asadmin-create-instance(1AS)											      asadmin-create-instance(1AS)

y"; "User Commands"

NAME
asadmin-create-instance, create-instance - creates an application server instance with the specified instance name SYNOPSIS
create-instance [--user admin_user] [-password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--sysuser sys_user] [--domain domain_name] [--local=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]--instanceport instanceportinstance_name You can create a new instance on a local or remote machine. If on the remote machine an administration server is already running for the specified hostname, then the system defaults to the local hostname. To create the instance locally, not requiring the administration server to be up and running, specify the --local option. The named instance must not exist within that domain. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --sysuser owner of the domain directory. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. --instanceport port where the instance listens for requests. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be created. Example 1: Using create-instance in local mode asadmin> create-instance --domain domain1 --instanceport 8967 --sysuser adminuser server4 Created Instance server4 successfully Where: the server4 instance is created under the domain1 domain. Example 2: Using create-instance in remote mode asadmin> create-instance --sysuser adminuser --user admin --password adminadmin --host localhost --port 4848 --instanceport 8967 server4 Created Instance server4 successfully Where: the server4 instance is created on the remote server for the associated user, password, host, and port. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Application Server instances page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK/refmiscinfo> March 2004 asadmin-create-instance(1AS)