Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to archive and purge
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to archive and purge Post 302247398 by kmanivan82 on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 03:59:03 PM
Old 10-15-2008
script for archive and purge

var1, var2 and var3 corresponds to tracking_num, tracking_num_suffix, timestamp_updated

var1 = <get the tracking_num from position 1-12 in the text file>
var2 = <get the tracking_num_suffix from position 14-32 in the text file>
var3 = <get the timestamp_updated from position 185-210 in the text file>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file then purge or archive.

Hi All, I have a root directory /tmp and I want to purge files or archive files in its subsequent subfolders.I listed the path of files I want to purge(archive) and the #of days. (purge) DAYS PATH 7 /tmp/arsenal/* 5 /tmp/chelsea/* (archive? the same as above but different folders... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for purge

Hi , I want to purge 7 days older data from a list of data sorted on date in a log file... Can anyone provide me with the shell script for the same.. Thanks, Jaz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JP003
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for archive purge

I am writing a shell script for Archive Purge for the table having rows < 1 year. The shell script has to extract the rows from the table and write those extracted rows to a text file. Then from the text file, each rows will be read and deleted by means of delete query one by one. The fields will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regnumber
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the files hourly and purge

I'm new to shell scripting... i have been given a task.. can any one help in this regard.... 1) Check hourly for files in <destination-path><destination-file-template><destination-file-suffix> for files older than <destination-file-retention> days and purge. It should then check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

<AIX>Problem in purge script, taking very very long time to complete 18.30hrs

Hi, I have here a script which is used to purge older files/directories based on defined purge period. The script consists of 45 find commands, where each command will need to traverse through more than a million directories. Therefore a single find command executes around 22-25 mins... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files and archive

Hi Friends, I have an urgent requirement. I have many files huge in size which has occupied almost the entire disk space. The files are not being moved to the archived folder. But at present I need to purge those files, new to shell scripting, not sure how to proceed. Eg. Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script or one-liner to purge lines from a file.

i all. This one sounds so simple, but I can't get it to work. I need to delete lines with certain keywords from a file. I have a file called defaultRules, with keywords: IPSEC_AH IKE_UDP IPMP_TEST_IFACE2 Then, I have another file called rules.txt with some rules: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To create a script and schedule which purge 30 days old files

Hi Friends, Very new in Unix and i got a requirement like writing a script and schedule it, so that it removes 30 days old files from all the log locations of a unix box. Suppose i have a unix server ltbamdev1 and in this server i have a mount point opt/bam. In this mount point i have 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duos
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Archive and purge the log file

Hi Unix Experts, I am new in this filed. I have assignment to Archive and purge the log file using shell scripts I tried I could not get the result please help me this. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
DEBUG_ZVAL_DUMP(3)							 1							DEBUG_ZVAL_DUMP(3)

debug_zval_dump - Dumps a string representation of an internal zend value to output

SYNOPSIS
void debug_zval_dump (mixed $variable, [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Dumps a string representation of an internal zend value to output. PARAMETERS
o $variable - The variable being evaluated. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 debug_zval_dump(3) example <?php $var1 = 'Hello World'; $var2 = ''; $var2 =& $var1; debug_zval_dump(&$var1); ?> The above example will output: &string(11) "Hello World" refcount(3) Note Beware the refcount The refcount value returned by this function is non-obvious in certain circumstances. For example, a developer might expect the above example to indicate a refcount of 2. The third reference is created when actually calling debug_zval_dump(3). This behavior is further compounded when a variable is not passed to debug_zval_dump(3) by reference. To illustrate, consider a slightly modified version of the above example: Example #2 <?php $var1 = 'Hello World'; $var2 = ''; $var2 =& $var1; debug_zval_dump($var1); // not passed by reference, this time ?> The above example will output: string(11) "Hello World" refcount(1) Why refcount(1)? Because a copy of $var1 is being made, when the function is called. This function becomes even more confusing when a variable with a refcount of 1 is passed (by copy/value): Example #3 <?php $var1 = 'Hello World'; debug_zval_dump($var1); ?> The above example will output: string(11) "Hello World" refcount(2) A refcount of 2, here, is extremely non-obvious. Especially considering the above examples. So what's happening? When a variable has a single reference (as did $var1 before it was used as an argument to debug_zval_dump(3)), PHP's engine opti- mizes the manner in which it is passed to a function. Internally, PHP treats $var1 like a reference (in that the refcount is increased for the scope of this function), with the caveat that if the passed reference happens to be written to, a copy is made, but only at the moment of writing. This is known as "copy on write." So, if debug_zval_dump(3) happened to write to its sole parameter (and it doesn't), then a copy would be made. Until then, the parameter remains a reference, causing the refcount to be incremented to 2 for the scope of the function call. SEE ALSO
var_dump(3), debug_backtrace(3), References Explained, References Explained (by Derick Rethans). PHP Documentation Group DEBUG_ZVAL_DUMP(3)