Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I make running gawk scripts more user-friendly in a Windows environment? Post 302247319 by jonathanm on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 11:28:32 AM
Old 10-15-2008
How can I make running gawk scripts more user-friendly in a Windows environment?

I know, and I apologise for using the W word, but I have users asking if they can use my gawk scripts, but I just know they're not going to like using the DOS command line.

Is there any way for me to run my gawk scripts from a gui? Even if it's from a web page (html, php, what ever). I do not know if DOS batch files are capable of passing command line arguments the same way as unix shell scripts are, I guess I'll be looking into that too but just thought that I would ask here as well in case anyone has come across this problem before.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User friendly

Hello, As a newbie: I know that ls -l list files in a directory.Can i get a Bash script that prints the same information as ls -l but ib a user friendly way? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debut
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Running UNIX in windows environment ?

Hi... I have planned to run UNIX application in window environment such as cygwin. Actually, I have download the "cygwin" software but there are some libraries are not applicable in the software. Due to that, anybody know any others unix sofware can be run in windows XP environment ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User friendly Unix ksh prompt to type directories/files

Hello, I wanted to setup user friendly ksh command prompt, by typing first character of files or directories and then tab bring up whole word. No need to type whole file/directory/command names. Example: cat a file like university just typing un and then tab bring up whole university wod.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdurrouf
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cannot run command line scripts in perl or gawk

I originally posted this to a different forum (I am a new Perl user) and realized the error so I will ask here. I am on a WindowsXP machine trying to run perl and gawk scripts from the command line. I have perl and gawk installed and environment set to C:\perl\bin and cannot get a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10000springs
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Gawk Script in Windows batch file - Help

Good morning all. I have been running into a problem running a simple gawk script that selects every third line from an input file and writes it to an output file. gawk "NR%3==0" FileIn > FileOut I am attempting to run this command from a batch file at the command line. I have several hundred... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10000springs
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk help (windows)

Someone help please. I tried to do it with findstr but I couldn't, so now I'm trying to output the following numbers from this text file with gawk (what I need is in bold down below): Analyzing pool.ntp.org (1 of 1)... delayoffset from local clock Stratum: 2 Warning: Reverse name... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris_t
18 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Gawk on Windows: Joining lines only if 1st field matches

Hi.. i have two files:: file_1:: mOnkey huMAnfile_2:: Human:hates:banana i:like:*** Monkey:loves:banana dogs:kill:catsdesired output:: Monkey:loves:banana Human:hates:bananaso only when the 1st field matches from both files print it from file_2 ((case-sensitive)) i also would like... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: M@LIK
21 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mulitpath user-friendly name is correct

We have device mapper multipath configured. multipath -ll is showing things correctly. But when ever we are executing lvm related command, say pvs, it is showing /dev/mpath/<wwid> number instead of expected /dev/mpath/mpathX as follows - /dev/mpath/360060e801603c800000103c800002b22 Here,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
0 Replies
NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)				      General Commands Manual				       NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)

NAME
nautilus-scripts-manager - easy tool for nautilus scripts management SYNOPSIS
nautilus-scripts-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nautilus-scripts-manager command. nautilus-scripts-manager is a program that allows any user to easily manage installed Nautilus scripts. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. COMMANDS
One (and only one) of the following commands can be passed: -e, --enable=ENABLE Enable script ENABLE. -d, --disable=DISABLE Disable script DISABLE. -l, --list-enabled List enabled scripts. -a, --list-available List available scripts. If no command is provided, the graphical interface is started. OPTIONS
-e, --position=POSITION In conjunction with -e or -d: establish the position of the script (can be just a name, or a path with slashes - quote it if it con- tains spaces). SEE ALSO
nautilus(1), AUTHOR
nautilus-scripts-manager and this manual page were written by Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it>. This manual page was written for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 14, 2009 NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)