Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting integer expression expected error Post 302247299 by dark_knight on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 11:07:15 AM
Old 10-15-2008
thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

integer expression expected error crontab only

I created a bash script that ran fine for awhile on a nightly crontab but then started crashing with commands not found, so I added PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/home/homedir/scripts/myscriptdir export PATH and now I don't get those errors, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display Error [: : integer expression expected

i have lunix 5.4 i make script to tack the export from database 11g by oracle user the oracle sheel is /bin/bash when run this script display this error ./daily_xport_prod: line 36: the daily_xport_prod script #! /bin/sh # ORACLE_HOME=/u01/appl/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1 export... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_salah
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to shellscripting error: ./emailnotifications.sh: line 43: [: FH: integer expression expected

Hi , I'm a beginner in unix shell scripting need help in rectifying an error Source file :test.txt with Header ------ ----- Trailer ex: FH201010250030170000000000000000 abc def jke abr ded etf FE2 I was validating whether the header begin... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dudd9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if script error: integer expression expected

Hi, i am making a simple program with a optional -t as the 3rd parameter. Submit course assignment -t dir In the script, i wrote: #!/bin/bash echo "this is course: ${1}" echo "this is assignment #: ${2}" echo "late? : ${3}" if then echo "this is late" fi but this gives me a :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonmerc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: integer expression expected

root@server01 # df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}' 252M root@server01 # root@server01 # cat /usr/local/tmpchk.sh #!/bin/sh x=`df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}'` if ; then rm -fr /tmp/somefolder/ else echo "its small" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integer expression expected error in script

When i run the following code i get an error that says Integer expression expected! How do i fix this? #!/bin/bash if ;then echo "wrong" exit 1 fi if ;then for i in /dev;do if ;then echo $i ls -l fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition error: integer expression expected

I am trying to run following condition with both variables having numeric values "1,2,3" if ;when i run it i get following error: $NEW_STATE: integer expression expected Please correct me where I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to check either New State is greater or Old state.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected

Newb here echo "$yesterdaysclose" echo "$close" if ; then echo "stocks moving up" elif ; then echo "stock is moving down" else echo "no change" fi seems to evaluate the floating decimal correctly however returns ./shellscript1.sh: line 17: [: : integer expression expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in bash script; expr $a + 1: integer expression expected

Hi, I am new to shell/bash script. I am trying to run below script #!/bin/bash a=0 b=10 if then echo "a is equal to be" else echo "a is not equal to be" fi MAX=10 while do echo $a a='expr $a + 1' done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
1 Replies
Tcl_ExprLongObj(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_ExprLongObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_ExprLongObj, Tcl_ExprDoubleObj, Tcl_ExprBooleanObj, Tcl_ExprObj - evaluate an expression SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_ExprLongObj(interp, objPtr, longPtr) int Tcl_ExprDoubleObj(interp, objPtr, doublePtr) int Tcl_ExprBooleanObj(interp, objPtr, booleanPtr) int Tcl_ExprObj(interp, objPtr, resultPtrPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in whose context to evaluate string or objPtr. Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in) Pointer to an object containing the expression to evaluate. long *longPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the integer value of the expression. int *doublePtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the floating-point value of the expression. int *booleanPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the 0/1 boolean value of the expression. Tcl_Obj **resultPtrPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store a pointer to the object that is the result of the expression. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These four procedures all evaluate an expression, returning the result in one of four different forms. The expression is given by the objPtr argument, and it can have any of the forms accepted by the expr command. The interp argument refers to an interpreter used to evaluate the expression (e.g. for variables and nested Tcl commands) and to return error information. For all of these procedures the return value is a standard Tcl result: TCL_OK means the expression was successfully evaluated, and TCL_ERROR means that an error occurred while evaluating the expression. If TCL_ERROR is returned, then a message describing the error can be retrieved using Tcl_GetObjResult. If an error occurs while executing a Tcl command embedded in the expression then that error will be returned. If the expression is successfully evaluated, then its value is returned in one of four forms, depending on which procedure is invoked. Tcl_ExprLongObj stores an integer value at *longPtr. If the expression's actual value is a floating-point number, then it is truncated to an integer. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then an error is returned. Tcl_ExprDoubleObj stores a floating-point value at *doublePtr. If the expression's actual value is an integer, it is converted to float- ing-point. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then an error is returned. Tcl_ExprBooleanObj stores a 0/1 integer value at *booleanPtr. If the expression's actual value is an integer or floating-point number, then they store 0 at *booleanPtr if the value was zero and 1 otherwise. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then it must be one of the values accepted by Tcl_GetBoolean such as ``yes'' or ``no'', or else an error occurs. If Tcl_ExprObj successfully evaluates the expression, it stores a pointer to the Tcl object containing the expression's value at *resultP- trPtr. In this case, the caller is responsible for calling Tcl_DecrRefCount to decrement the object's reference count when it is finished with the object. SEE ALSO
Tcl_ExprLong, Tcl_ExprDouble, Tcl_ExprBoolean, Tcl_ExprString, Tcl_GetObjResult KEYWORDS
boolean, double, evaluate, expression, integer, object, string Tcl 8.0 Tcl_ExprLongObj(3)