Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rm core files and pattern matching Post 302247233 by littleIdiot on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 08:16:12 AM
Old 10-15-2008
Spotted it mysekf:

Code:
find ./ -type f -name "core.[0-9]*" ! -name "*.*[a-Z]*"  ! -name "*snapshot*" -exec rm -f {} \;

note the change from lower case z to upper case Z, and the additional asterix after[a-Z]:
Code:
! -name "*.*[a-Z]*"

Last edited by littleIdiot; 10-15-2008 at 09:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files matching a pattern

Hi, I am writing a BASH shell script. I would like to count all the files in the CURRENT directory matching a specific pattern. Could someone suggest the best/simplest way to do this. I have thought of these solutions (for simplicity the pattern is all files starting with A): ls -1 *A | wc -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to break a file into 2 files after matching a pattern.

Hi, i need to break a file into 2 files afetr matching a pattern for ex. there is a fil, file .txt which contains here i need to look for mat $ demon if it matches then i need to transfer the data into another file till the line in which a "d6s" comes,and i have to delete tat line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find files NOT matching name pattern

Hi, I have following files in my directory: /TESTDONTDEL> ls -alt total 14 drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle dba 1024 May 15 06:30 . -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 40 May 15 06:30 exception.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 19 May 15 06:22 ful_1234_test1.txt -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find files by matching a pattern in file name

Hi all, I have to check whether certain files exist using a if statement. I have to check this by matching a pattern of filename: e.g. if ] This statement should be "true" if any files like test.dat11, test.dat22 etc are present in the source dir. However, this statement is checking only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweety123
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Look for distinct files under a directory matching a pattern

Hi, I'm searching for a pattern 'java' under a directory but it is returning all the files containing 'java', but I want to have only distinct files not all. please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find files matching a pattern and zip

Hi, I want to find all directories matching given pattern in current directory and zip those files. I am trying to do somethign like this. But it is not working. for FNAME in $(find . -type d | grep './\{2\}-\{2\}$'); do zip -r MatchedFiles.zip $FNAME rm -fr $FNAME done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james423
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to list non matching files using pattern

Hi, I am trying to write a script that list down all the files that do not match the pattern My pattern will be like this "*.jpg|*.xml|*.sql". This pattern will be stored in a file. The script need to read this pattern from the file and delete the files that does not match this pattern. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing files matching a pattern

I am on ubuntu 11.10 using bash scripts I want to remove all files matching a string pattern and I am using the following code find . -name "*$pattern*" -exec rm -f {} \;I have encountered a problem when $pattern is empty. In this case all my files in my current directory were deleted. This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching pattern in two files and print the line

Hi, I want to match the pattern in file1 with file2 and print the value in file2 and paste in file1 file1: ISHO RT SR Major 96.46778 Drop Call Rate CS Critical 0.5072662 ISHO RT SR Major 97.754364... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Pattern Matching and replacement in Gz files

Hi Techies, I need a help in finding junk characters and remove them from a Datafile. we have a file and it had crores of records like below SGSN_MCC_MNC=01150 but sometime due to the issue with sending server we are getting some junk characters in the middle of data like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
6 Replies
Tcl_UtfToUpper(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						 Tcl_UtfToUpper(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_UniCharToUpper, Tcl_UniCharToLower, Tcl_UniCharToTitle, Tcl_UtfToUpper, Tcl_UtfToLower, Tcl_UtfToTitle - routines for manipulating the case of Unicode characters and UTF-8 strings SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_UniChar Tcl_UniCharToUpper(ch) Tcl_UniChar Tcl_UniCharToLower(ch) Tcl_UniChar Tcl_UniCharToTitle(ch) int Tcl_UtfToUpper(str) int Tcl_UtfToLower(str) int Tcl_UtfToTitle(str) ARGUMENTS
int ch (in) The Tcl_UniChar to be converted. char *str (in/out) Pointer to UTF-8 string to be converted in place. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The first three routines convert the case of individual Unicode characters: If ch represents a lower-case character, Tcl_UniCharToUpper returns the corresponding upper-case character. If no upper-case character is defined, it returns the character unchanged. If ch represents an upper-case character, Tcl_UniCharToLower returns the corresponding lower-case character. If no lower-case character is defined, it returns the character unchanged. If ch represents a lower-case character, Tcl_UniCharToTitle returns the corresponding title-case character. If no title-case character is defined, it returns the corresponding upper-case character. If no upper-case character is defined, it returns the character unchanged. Title-case is defined for a small number of characters that have a different appearance when they are at the beginning of a capitalized word. The next three routines convert the case of UTF-8 strings in place in memory: Tcl_UtfToUpper changes every UTF-8 character in str to upper-case. Because changing the case of a character may change its size, the byte offset of each character in the resulting string may differ from its original location. Tcl_UtfToUpper writes a null byte at the end of the converted string. Tcl_UtfToUpper returns the new length of the string in bytes. This new length is guaranteed to be no longer than the original string length. Tcl_UtfToLower is the same as Tcl_UtfToUpper except it turns each character in the string into its lower-case equivalent. Tcl_UtfToTitle is the same as Tcl_UtfToUpper except it turns the first character in the string into its title-case equivalent and all fol- lowing characters into their lower-case equivalents. BUGS
At this time, the case conversions are only defined for the ISO8859-1 characters. Unicode characters above 0x00ff are not modified by these routines. KEYWORDS
utf, unicode, toupper, tolower, totitle, case Tcl 8.1 Tcl_UtfToUpper(3)