Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print the line within the search pattern Post 302247198 by radoulov on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 07:11:13 AM
Old 10-15-2008
Could you post more real data?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I am new to this forum and i would like to get help in this issue. I have a file 1.txt as shown: apple banana orange apple grapes banana orange grapes orange .... Now i would like to search for pattern say apple or orange and then put a # at the beginning of the pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I think you ppl did not get my question correctly, let me explain I have 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search word in a line and print earlier pattern match

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Search for: word1.word2 (Which procedure contain this word, I need procedure name in output. Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 procedure test4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a Search Pattern after modification

Using either vim or awk or sed If I wish to to search for an unknown pattern - lets say 1B2495 or 1Q2345 so Search pattern : 1 and replace the 1 with 2 to print out : 2B2495 or 2Q2345 what are the possible commands. Struggling here - help would be appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpooleco
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern search and print using sh

Hi All, Have a file contains multiple line with the following file.txt insert: akdkas job:ksdjf command: aldfasdf asdfsdfa asdfas.sh machine: asdfa need to grep for insert and machine and print only "akdkas,asdfa" cat file.txt | egrep "insert|machine" | awk -F: '{print $2}' output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniqme
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare pattern and print a different pattern in each line

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: .... .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: ... I have tried using awk and cut, but the position of these values keep changing, so I wasn't able to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting , need to search and print a line that contains a specific pattern

Take example of below file. abc.txt nas1:/abc/test/test1 /test nas1:/abc/test/test1/test2 /test/abc nas1:/abc/test/ Now i have a variable that contains "nas1:/abc/test/test1" value , so i need to search the above file for this variable and print only this line. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
14 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)