Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: banner character replacement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers banner character replacement Post 302247173 by sivakumar.rj on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 06:14:55 AM
Old 10-15-2008
Bug banner character replacement

Can we able to replace the character # in banner command with some other characters. Can we able to blink the character in Kornshell

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner

How can I display a message to the crt whenever someone logs on? They do not see a unix prompt. I need to easily update this also. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beetlejuice
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in character replacement in Korn Shell

How do I replace a space " " character at a particular position in a line? e.g. I have a file below $ cat i2 111 002 A a 33 0011 B c 2222 003 C a I want all the 1st spaces to be replaced with forward slash "/" and the 3rd spaces to have 5 spaces to get the output below: 111/002... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character replacement

Hi, I am working on a command that replaces some occurrences of quotation marks in file. The quotation mark cannot be the first or the last character in line and cannot be preceded or followed by a comma. I am not an expert in regular expressions, but I managed to create the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Character Replacement

Hey all. Easy question. I have a (ksh) varaible x. It contains the following (for example): N557788 I want to replace the "N" with a "-". I've done this before but for the life of me I cannot remember how I did it. Thanks. mtw (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mixxamike
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed-Special character replacement

Hi I want to replace ./testsed.ksh with testsed.ksh ./ is to be removed scriptnm=`sed -e 's/\.///' $0 does not work Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshell
3 Replies

6. Programming

python, character replacement

Hello, I need to do this in python but I'm just learning py and it's quite urgent. I have a script I created and need an interactive python script to modify part of a line. MY SCRIPT #ligand prep. Uses 'ind' prefix. The initial ligand must be ind.pdb. This #generates ind.pdbqt.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gav2251
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

global search and replacement of a non-ascii character

Hi, I need to do a global search and replacement of a non-ascii character. Let me first give the background of my problem. Very frequently, I need to copy set of references from different sources. Typically, a reference would like this: Banumathy et al., 2002 G. Banumathy, V. Singh and U.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effjay
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - replacement file path with variable - Escaping / character

Hi,, I have the line below in a file: $!VarSet |LFDSFN1| = '"E:\APC\Trials\20140705_427_Prototype Trial\Data\T4_20140705_Trial_Cycle_Data_13_T_Norm.txt" "VERSION=100 FILEEXT=\"*.txt\" FILEDESC=\"General Text\" "+""+"TITLE{SEARCH=NONE NAME=\"New Dataset\" LINE=1I want to write a script to change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger email from script if the Special Character replacement is successfull

Hello Gurus, I have a script developed... #!/bin/bash #--------------------------------------------------------------------- # This pScript will remove/replace the special characters fromfiles #--------------------------------------------------------------------- trxdate="`date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanduedi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special character replacement

Hi Guys, I have a file which needs to be replaced with tab delimited AA§Orgin Name§Mapping based on prod_usa§§§§ BB§Date§2019-08-11 23:30:01§§§§ I am trying below code sed 's// /g' test.txt Expected AA|Orgin Name|Mapping based on prod_usa||| BB|Date|2019-08-11 23:30:01|||| (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
6 Replies
TR(1)							      General Commands Manual							     TR(1)

NAME
tr - translate characters SYNOPSIS
tr [ -cds ] [ string1 [ string2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
Tr copies the standard input to the standard output with substitution or deletion of selected characters (runes). Input characters found in string1 are mapped into the corresponding characters of string2. When string2 is short it is padded to the length of string1 by dupli- cating its last character. Any combination of the options -cds may be used: -c Complement string1: replace it with a lexicographically ordered list of all other characters. -d Delete from input all characters in string1. -s Squeeze repeated output characters that occur in string2 to single characters. In either string a noninitial sequence -x, where x is any character (possibly quoted), stands for a range of characters: a possibly empty sequence of codes running from the successor of the previous code up through the code for x. The character followed by 1, 2 or 3 octal digits stands for the character whose 16-bit value is given by those digits. The character sequence followed by 1, 2, 3, or 4 hexadecimal digits stands for the character whose 16-bit value is given by those digits. A followed by any other character stands for that character. EXAMPLES
Replace all upper-case ASCII letters by lower-case. tr A-Z a-z <mixed >lower Create a list of all the words in one per line in where a word is taken to be a maximal string of alphabetics. String2 is given as a quoted newline. tr -cs A-Za-z ' ' <file1 >file2 SOURCE
/src/cmd/tr.c SEE ALSO
sed(1) TR(1)