Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Solaris Installation Program screen Post 302247126 by Luka on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 03:37:11 AM
Old 10-15-2008
Thank you, but it doesn't help. Same effect even when completely removing timeserver keyword.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart installation problem.

We are installing Solaris 9 with Jumpstart ...facing problems.. Problem is .it is prompting for questions, even though we set the Sysidcfg and class files properly. when we give "boot net - install" at OK prompt, it is coming till "The system is coming up. Please wait" After that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation over WAN using jumpstart

I am trying to install Solaris 10 OS using jumpstart over WAN. I have configured the jumpstart server with apache server and created all the necessary configurations and files. When i WAN boot my target machine, it gets booted using wanboot, it downloads the miniroot from the jumpstart server, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Error in Solaris installation over WAN(unix: Could not start init) Program terminated

I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a target machine which is t1000. ( sun4v). I have configured my jumpstart server to install solaris over WAN. when i boot my machine, the wanboot image gets downloaded properly, miniroot gets downloaded properly, but after that the process fails with the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Flash installation with Jumpstart

I get following error while doing a flash installation. I 'm trying to deploy a flash archive created by our engineering team. I 'm trying to install it with ZFS root and the profile which i using is as following #more flash_profile_test install_type flash_install archive_location nfs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. Solaris

jumpstart installation

hi friends, i dont know how to install jumpstart . i have solaris cds( 5 nos.). i tried to install jumpstart but there is no setup_install_server file. What i want to do for installing jumpstart server please help me thanks to all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Could not start installation using jumpstart

hello I created a boot server and tryed to run intstall with jumpstart on other solaris server, but jumpstart coudn't starts, only text-based install. sysidcfg and rules file are in the same shared folder, rules file has only one string any - - any_profile - and thta't all. also I created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
2 Replies

8. Solaris

help me! jumpstart installation error

Hi actualy my two machines are sun sparc ultra 60. Both are same configuration. I am trying jumpstart Installation in my two machines, i got no errors in server side but in the client side actually it detects the server machine with correct hostname and domainname but after showed that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grovestreet
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem in configuring jumpstart installation

I am trying to configuring jumpstart configuration. Please find below sysidcfg configuration file output bash-3.2# cat sysidcfg terminal=vt100 network_interface=nxge0 { primary hostname=sun1 ip_address=192.168.11.10 \ protocol_ipv6=no netmask=255.255.255.0 default_route=192.168.11.7}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies
NEWS.DAILY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     NEWS.DAILY(8)

NAME
news.daily - do regular Usenet system administration SYNOPSIS
news.daily [ keyword... ] DESCRIPTION
News.daily performs a number of important Usenet administrative functions. This includes producing a status report, removing old news articles, processing log files, rotating the archived log files, renumbering the active file, removing any old socket files found in the ``firewall'' directory, and collecting the output. This program should be run under the news administrator's id, not as root. By default, news.daily performs all of its functions and mails the output to the news administrator, usenet. By specifying ``keywords'' on the command line, it is possible to modify the functions performed, as well as change the arguments given to expire(8) and expireover(8). News.daily should be run once a day, typically out of cron(8). It may be run more often, but such invocations should at least use the ``notdaily'' keyword to prevent the log files from being processed and rotated too fast. The shlock(1) program is used to prevent simultaneous executions. KEYWORDS
The following keywords may be used: delayrm This uses the ``-z'' flag when invoking expire and expireover. The names of articles to be removed are written to a temporary file, and then removed after expiration by calling expirerm(8). expctl=path Specify the file to use as the expire.ctl(5) file for expire. expdir=path By default, expire builds the new history(5) file and database in the same directory as the current files. Using this keyword spec- ifies a different local to build the new files (by passing the ''-d'' flag to expire), which will then be moved to the right loca- tion when finished. nostat This keyword disables the status report generated by innstat (see newslog(8)). Without this keyword, the status report is the first function performed, just prior to obtaining the news.daily lock. notdaily By default news.daily expects to be run only once a day. Use this keyword any extra times news.daily is run in the day and the nor- mal logfile processing (and rotation) will not be done. noexpire By default, expire is invoked to remove old news articles. Using this keyword disables this function. noexplog Expire normally appends information to /var/log/news/expire.log (see newslog(5)). Using this keyword causes the expire output to be handled as part of news.daily's output. It has no effect if the ``noexpire'' keyword is used. flags='expire args' By default, expire is invoked with the an argument of ``-v1''. Using this keyword changes the arguments to those specified. Be careful to use quotes if multiple arguments are needed. This keyword has no effect if the ``noexpire'' keyword is used. nologs After expiration, scanlogs(8) is invoked to process the log files. Using this keyword disables all log processing functions. norotate By default, log processing includes rotating and cleaning out log files. Using this keyword disables the rotating and cleaning aspect of the log processing: the logs files are only scanned for information and no contents are altered. This keyword has no effect if the ``nologs'' keyword is used. The ``norotate'' keyword is passed on to scanlogs if it is invoked. norenumber This keyword disables the ctlinnd(8) renumber operation. Normally, the low-water mark for all newsgroups (see active(5)) is reset. norm By default, any socket ctlinnd socket that has not been modified for two days will be removed. Using this keyword disables this function. nomail News.daily normally sends a mail message containing the results to the administrator. Using this keyword causes this message to be sent to stdout and stderr instead. Normally, all utilities invoked by the script have their stdout and stderr redirected into a file. If the file is empty, no message is sent. expireover The expireover program is called after expiration to purge the overview databases. expireoverflags='expireover args' If the ``expireover'' keyword is used, this keyword may be used to specify the flags to be passed to expireover. If the ``delayrm'' keyword is used, then the default value is ``-z'' and the list of deleted files; otherwise, the default value is ``-s''. /full/path The program specified by the given path is executed just before any expiration is done. A typical use is to specify an alternate expiration program and use the ``noexpire'' keyword. Multiple programs may be specified; they will be invoked in order. HISTORY
News.daily and this manual page written by Landon Curt Noll <chongo@toad.com> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net>. This is revision 1.11, dated 1996/12/10. SEE ALSO
active(5), ctlinnd(8), expire(8), fastrm(8), newslog(5), newslog(8), innwatch.ctl(5), shlock(1). NEWS.DAILY(8)