Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Host to IP Source Code in C - Questions! Please Help Post 302247054 by f.ben.isaac on Tuesday 14th of October 2008 10:56:44 PM
Old 10-14-2008
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Tar files, transfer to remote host and delelte source

Hi, I´m having a problem here. I have a directory that holds many subdirs and files (by many I mean MANY thousands). What I want to do is make blocks of these files and transfer them block by block to a remote host; but once a given file is already placed in the remote host, the script must... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dago
0 Replies

2. Linux

source code for linux

Hi , where can i get free source code for LINUX commands , OS , system calls etc. Thanks Naren (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
2 Replies

3. Programming

New to C... questions about this code... ADTs...

Hi, In a file called itemADT.c I have specified the itemType data type to contain a listADT (having already written this library) and an integer, which will eventually represent the no. of times the word that is stored in the listADT has occurred (when I do this, and write code to insert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eva
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux source code

Unix is written in C. From where u can see the source code of unix or linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

7. Linux

Source code

I need the source code of fedora. plz plz plz help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to target host from Source host.

Hi All, Need to connect to target host and execute a command and connect back to source host to continue with next set of command execution. Is there a utility/command using which we can connect to target host ? Please suggest. Note: Netezza database is instaled on Linux server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Source code

hii... i am a biginner....and i have linux source code ,downloaded from some website ,a compressed file on windows and dont know how do compile them..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M K Raju
4 Replies
HOSTS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  HOSTS(5)

NAME
hosts -- host name data base DESCRIPTION
The hosts file contains information regarding the known hosts on the network. For each host a single line should be present with the follow- ing information: Internet address Official host name Aliases Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. A ``#'' indicates the beginning of a comment; characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. Network addresses may either be specified for IP version 4 or version 6. IP version 4 addresses are specified in the conventional dotted address notation. IP version 6 addresses are specified using the colon-separated notation described in RFC1924. Host names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, newline, or comment character. The hosts file is read by mDNSResponder(8) and used to supply results for calls to getaddrinfo(3), getnameinfo(3), etc. in addition to results obtained from multicast and unicast DNS. FILES
/etc/hosts SEE ALSO
gethostent(3), getipnodebyname(3), getaddrinfo(3), getnameinfo(3) RFC1924: A Compact Representation of IPv6 Addresses. HISTORY
The hosts file format appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution December 11, 1993 4.2 Berkeley Distribution