Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: php ebooks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting php ebooks Post 302247044 by DILEEP410 on Tuesday 14th of October 2008 09:26:27 PM
Old 10-14-2008
php ebooks

Hi,
Can somebody help me put by providing some ebooks for PHP? I am on the roads to build a php website for which i really needs some instructions.

Also please suggest some good books for Php for a beginner/ intermediate level?

Your help is appreciated!

Regards
Dileep

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

Any Usefull Ebooks on Linux Programming?

Hi Forum! Is there anybody who can tell me where I can find some cool books on linux ( RH exclusively! if possible ) programming? :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: confusedoflife
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning to program eBooks and CBTs

Hi Guys, I have recently started a new job at quite a large company. Part of my daily role is to grep for processes, kill them when they're failing and restart them etc. Also editing config files in Vi mode. I have become quite interested in Unix and am currently studying for the Sun Certified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for some ebooks by Richard Stevens..

Hi, Request anyone of you guys to please forward me the Soft Copy of the following Books by Richard Stevens :- 1) UNIX Network Programming, Volume 2, Second Edition: Interprocess Communications, Prentice Hall. 2) UNIX Network Programming, Volume 1, Second Edition: Networking APIs: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Update php 4.3 RPM to php 5.3.3 php

Dear All, My redhat version is: # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4) # # uname -a Linux cotapplication3.cot.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux # I want to update my php from: # php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies
DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)						 1					     DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)

DOMDocument::getElementById - Searches for an element with a certain id

SYNOPSIS
public DOMElement DOMDocument::getElementById (string $elementId) DESCRIPTION
This function is similar to "DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName" but searches for an element with a given id. For this function to work, you will need either to set some ID attributes with "DOMElement::setIdAttribute" or a DTD which defines an attribute to be of type ID. In the later case, you will need to validate your document with "DOMDocument::validate" or DOMDocument::$vali- dateOnParse before using this function. PARAMETERS
o $elementId - The unique id value for an element. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DOMElement or NULL if the element is not found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DOMDocument::getElementById() Example The following examples use book.xml which contains the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE books [ <!ELEMENT books (book+)> <!ELEMENT book (title, author+, xhtml:blurb?)> <!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT blurb (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST books xmlns CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST books xmlns:xhtml CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST book id ID #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST author email CDATA #IMPLIED> ]> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?> <books xmlns="http://books.php/" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <book id="php-basics"> <title>PHP Basics</title> <author email="jim.smith@basics.php">Jim Smith</author> <author email="jane.smith@basics.php">Jane Smith</author> <xhtml:blurb><![CDATA[ <p><em>PHP Basics</em> provides an introduction to PHP.</p> ]]></xhtml:blurb> </book> <book id="php-advanced"> <title>PHP Advanced Programming</title> <author email="jon.doe@advanced.php">Jon Doe</author> </book> </books> <?php $doc = new DomDocument; // We need to validate our document before refering to the id $doc->validateOnParse = true; $doc->Load('book.xml'); echo "The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: " . $doc->getElementById('php-basics')->tagName . " "; ?> The above example will output: The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: book SEE ALSO
DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName. PHP Documentation Group DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)