Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lamp performance
Top Forums Web Development lamp performance Post 302246792 by Neo on Tuesday 14th of October 2008 11:34:17 AM
Old 10-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
This is straight from Apache documentation. In your case, you want to set the maximum servers to something like 1024 (!) and the MinSpareServers to something like 128 or maybe even 512.
These numbers are too high and will cause performance problems.

FYI, our site is quite busy (do you have more traffic than this site?) and our numbers are much lower!

Code:
Timeout 20

ServerLimit 250
#
# KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than
# one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.
#
KeepAlive On

#
# MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow
# during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.
# We recommend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.
#
MaxKeepAliveRequests 1000

#
# KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request from the
# same client on the same connection.
#
KeepAliveTimeout 2

# prefork MPM
# StartServers: number of server processes to start
# MinSpareServers: minimum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxSpareServers: maximum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxClients: maximum number of server processes allowed to start
# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
    StartServers         30
    MinSpareServers      25
    MaxSpareServers      100
    MaxClients           250
    MaxRequestsPerChild  4000
</IfModule>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LAMP configuration

Hi there, I've got a debian 3.1r4 half working (no x yet :P) I need some pointers for installing a Apache - MySQL - PHP configuration on my box, and set them up to work together. I know to use vim a bit :) I would like something that is similar to tanguay.at, or even simpler, since I'm a real... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: izua
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Server Failover

How does everyone else handle this? My Setup: Server A: CentOS 5.x 10.0.0.1 Apache MySQL Master Server B: CentOS 5.x 10.0.0.2 Apache MySQL Slave My Domains: dom1.com A record: 10.0.0.1 A Record: 10.0.0.2 dom2.com A record: 10.0.0.1 A Record: 10.0.0.2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

3. Web Development

LAMP - version updates and the impact!

Hello All, I have a LAMP server (CentOS 5.5) which has a lot of php scripts and the php pages runs fine. My question is if I have to allow the OS udpates regularly on the server, will there be any problems in running the existing php scripts? Please advise if my apache/mysql/php functionality... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Need LAMP tutorial!

Hello Everybody, Does anybody know or recommend me a tutorial for LAMP server on Solaris 10 x86? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

6. Programming

Lamp tutorial

Hello All, I need a good lamp(linux, apache, mysql, php) tutorial for web development. I searched in net but not finding suitable one. suggest me something. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

LAMP Installation On HP-UX

Dear Folks, How to Install LAMP on HP-UX system. Please Guide. Regards, KRISHNA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna.lu
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Setting up LAMP environment

I wish to setup LAMP environment. Amongst, I have successfully installed Linux 6.1. I am looking fwd to install - Apace Web Server, My Sql Database & PHP environment. Say if I look for MySql, could see downloadable available in rpm format. But this must be copied over to Linux machine. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Sever

How do I install a LAMP server on a new installation of Debian 9 using the lalest versions of AMP? Here is what I have. Corrections please. MYSQL apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client You can verify the MySQL server status using command: systemctl status mysql ------- PHP7... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies
Net::Server::Fork(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::Server::Fork(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Fork - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::Fork; @ISA = qw(Net::Server::Fork); sub process_request { #...code... } __PACKAGE__->run(); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality binds to one or more ports and then waits for a client connection. When a connection is received, the server forks a child. The child handles the request and then closes. With the exception of parent/child signaling, this module will work (with basic functionality) on Win32 systems. ARGUMENTS
check_for_dead Number of seconds to wait before looking for dead children. This only takes place if the maximum number of child processes (max_servers) has been reached. Default is 60 seconds. max_servers The maximum number of children to fork. The server will not accept connections until there are free children. Default is 256 children. max_dequeue The maximum number of dequeue processes to start. If a value of zero or undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. The number of running dequeue processes will be checked by the check_for_dead variable. check_for_dequeue Seconds to wait before forking off a dequeue process. It is intended to use the dequeue process to take care of items such as mail queues. If a value of undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. CONFIGURATION FILE
See Net::Server. PROCESS FLOW
Process flow follows Net::Server until the post_accept phase. At this point a child is forked. The parent is immediately able to wait for another request. The child handles the request and then exits. HOOKS
The Fork server has the following hooks in addition to the hooks provided by the Net::Server base class. See Net::Server "$self->pre_accept_hook()" This hook occurs just before the accept is called. "$self->pre_fork_hook()" This hook occurs just after accept but before the fork. "$self->post_accept_hook()" This hook occurs in the child after the accept and fork. "$self->run_dequeue()" This hook only gets called in conjuction with the check_for_dequeue setting. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul@seamons.com> Rob Brown <bbb@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::SIG Net::Server::Single perl v5.12.1 2007-02-03 Net::Server::Fork(3)