Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Importance of LS length in DB exchange start packet (OSPF protocol)? Post 302246771 by cosmic_egg on Tuesday 14th of October 2008 10:54:23 AM
Old 10-14-2008
Importance of LS length in DB exchange start packet (OSPF protocol)?

Is there any importance of LS length in DB exchange packet of OSPF protocol as its should be always be 20 bytes. Is this length to be ignored

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

cp first ~/bin what is ~ symbols importance in this.

What would be the importance of ~ in this command. cp first ~/bin Thanks from dumb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh85
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem Receiving the first OSPF packet

I trying to send and receive OSPF packets. I am using RAW Sockets(socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_OSPF)) to do this. I am successfully able to send an OSPF Hello packet however I am not able to receive a OSPF packet if I have not sent an OSPF packet earlier on the RAW SOCKET. Scenario: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmic_egg
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Importance of \ [ ] + ? in grep

What is the significance of special characters used in grep command. Like \ + ? What is the meaning of the below command: grep -o "0078\(\)\+" $i | sort | uniq Can i replace + with ? Thanks, tinku (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinku
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

importance of /var/mail

Hi When an entry will be made to the file /var/mail/<user-id> . I have 100 scripts under a specific user id(dgircc) in cron .SO inrder to check the whether the script has sucessfully run or not and if not to generate an email if i mention the code like #!/bin/ksh -p 2 fsize=`ls -lrt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Packet Length greater than MTU

Hello, I would appreciate some help with the following. We have 3 SUN X4450 servers, each of these servers talk to each other, one is an application server the other is a database server and the third is a web server. We also have numerous workstation and ACD connections. When I snoop the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exchange values in a table - exchange numbers

Hello all, This is a bit simple but I cannot do it! I have a big table of values between 0 and 1. some cells have NA instead of having any value. I want to exchange all values with "1" and write "0" for all "NA" . for changing "NA" to zero I used sed: sed -i 's/NA/0/g' input.txt But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
3 Replies

7. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
TC(8)								       Linux								     TC(8)

NAME
choke - choose and keep scheduler SYNOPSIS
tc qdisc ... choke limit packets min packets max packets avpkt bytes burst packets [ ecn ] [ bandwidth rate ] probability chance DESCRIPTION
CHOKe (CHOose and Keep for responsive flows, CHOose and Kill for unresponsive flows) is a classless qdisc designed to both identify and penalize flows that monopolize the queue. CHOKe is a variation of RED, and the configuration is similar to RED. ALGORITHM
Once the queue hits a certain average length, a random packet is drawn from the queue. If both the to-be-queued and the drawn packet belong to the same flow, both packets are dropped. Otherwise, if the queue length is still below the maximum length, the new packet has a configurable chance of being marked (which may mean dropped). If the queue length exceeds max, the new packet will always be marked (or dropped). If the queue length exceeds limit, the new packet is always dropped. The marking probability computation is the same as used by the RED qdisc. PARAMETERS
The parameters are the same as for RED, except that RED uses bytes whereas choke counts packets. See tc-red(8) for a description. SOURCE
o R. Pan, B. Prabhakar, and K. Psounis, "CHOKe, A Stateless Active Queue Management Scheme for Approximating Fair Bandwidth Alloca- tion", IEEE INFOCOM, 2000. o A. Tang, J. Wang, S. Low, "Understanding CHOKe: Throughput and Spatial Characteristics", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2004 SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-red(8) AUTHOR
sched_choke was contributed by Stephen Hemminger. iproute2 August 2011 TC(8)