Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lamp performance
Top Forums Web Development lamp performance Post 302246765 by manifesto on Tuesday 14th of October 2008 10:50:00 AM
Old 10-14-2008
Thanks for you answers.

My apache version is : Apache/2.0.52 with 4x2.8 mhz xeon with 3gb RAM and 2gb swap.
On dev I got VM machine with 2x1.86Mhz xeon and 2.5gb RAM and 2Gb swap (I do all tests there).

99% of the traffic is when users starts their browser around 9h.
A lot of connections (may be 1000 users).

I do my tests on dev with curl and ab but did not experience any swap pb (i did not start more than 100 thread each time).

I use eaccelerator for cache because of my boss choice, I tried mmcache and got slightly better results.

1a : I will try APC.

1b : as typo3 is php script and home page is index.php I wonder how squid will help. I thought that squid is not easy to setup, is it worth to try ??

2a : I agree with you better having 503 than swapping.
I understand vm.swappiness, but it's not clear on what you say about tunning swap, is it trying different values on swappiness ? It looks tricky :-)

2b : Some parameters are not clear for me especially ServerLimit/maxclient. I am a little bit reluctant to change that as I am not sure of what I am doing. I'l take deeper look in documentation.
keepalive is on and I will try to play with the value.
But most of my connections are 1 time connection, user start browser ask home page and that's all.
For 1 connection like that I was gessing that I do not need a high keepalive as I got only 1 http request, I am right ?
Is there any relation between tcp keepalive and apache keepalive ?

Finally as I tried to emphasize, I got 99% request on the same page which is dynamic page BUT do not change 99% of the time.
Can I cache that kind of things in any proxy or cache to avoid going thru all the layers (browser httpd mysql httpd ...).

And as otheus said I rather like to have 503 but quick response than having server crashing.
Maybe the swap tuning is my best help in this case ???

My disk are internal HD that I can't change.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LAMP configuration

Hi there, I've got a debian 3.1r4 half working (no x yet :P) I need some pointers for installing a Apache - MySQL - PHP configuration on my box, and set them up to work together. I know to use vim a bit :) I would like something that is similar to tanguay.at, or even simpler, since I'm a real... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: izua
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Server Failover

How does everyone else handle this? My Setup: Server A: CentOS 5.x 10.0.0.1 Apache MySQL Master Server B: CentOS 5.x 10.0.0.2 Apache MySQL Slave My Domains: dom1.com A record: 10.0.0.1 A Record: 10.0.0.2 dom2.com A record: 10.0.0.1 A Record: 10.0.0.2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

3. Web Development

LAMP - version updates and the impact!

Hello All, I have a LAMP server (CentOS 5.5) which has a lot of php scripts and the php pages runs fine. My question is if I have to allow the OS udpates regularly on the server, will there be any problems in running the existing php scripts? Please advise if my apache/mysql/php functionality... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Need LAMP tutorial!

Hello Everybody, Does anybody know or recommend me a tutorial for LAMP server on Solaris 10 x86? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

6. Programming

Lamp tutorial

Hello All, I need a good lamp(linux, apache, mysql, php) tutorial for web development. I searched in net but not finding suitable one. suggest me something. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

LAMP Installation On HP-UX

Dear Folks, How to Install LAMP on HP-UX system. Please Guide. Regards, KRISHNA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna.lu
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Setting up LAMP environment

I wish to setup LAMP environment. Amongst, I have successfully installed Linux 6.1. I am looking fwd to install - Apace Web Server, My Sql Database & PHP environment. Say if I look for MySql, could see downloadable available in rpm format. But this must be copied over to Linux machine. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Sever

How do I install a LAMP server on a new installation of Debian 9 using the lalest versions of AMP? Here is what I have. Corrections please. MYSQL apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client You can verify the MySQL server status using command: systemctl status mysql ------- PHP7... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies
hpsmh(1M)																 hpsmh(1M)

NAME
hpsmh - starts or stops the HP System Management Homepage server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The HP System Management Homepage is the management server for web-based System Administration tools. In order to use HPSMH, start a web browser on your desktop or workstation, and type in the URL or Address of the server to be managed: By default, the HP SMH management server under HP-UX only starts on demand. It does not run continually. A daemon listens on port 2301 to start an instance of the management server. The above URL automatically starts the management server, then redirects your browser to the secure port from which to login: The command starts or stops the HPSMH server. If no options are specified, displays the possible options. Options The command supports the followings options: Starts the HPSMH Server if is not currently running Stops the HPSMH Server Access Control By default, only the root user can login to HPSMH. Within HPSMH you can configure additional user groups to have HPSMH access. You must be a superuser to run the command. Certificates Installing HPSMH will generate an SSL self signed certificate. Because this certificate is self signed, when connecting to HPSMH your web browser will prompt you with a warning that the certificate was issued by a web site, company or Certificate Authority you have not chosen to trust. It is possible to proceed by accepting this self signed certificate temporarily for each session. You can also view and install (accept permanently) this certificate to avoid this warning in the future. HPSMH also supports installation of certificates created by a Certifi- cate Authority. RETURN VALUES
The command returns: upon successful completion if the command failed EXAMPLES
Starts HPSMH Server: Stops HPSMH Server: Shows options: Using HPSMH, start a browser and enter the following URL: AUTHORS
was developed by Hewlett-Packard SEE ALSO
smhstartconfig(1M). hpsmh(1M)