Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fixing corrupted vcard files. Post 302246721 by dotancohen on Tuesday 14th of October 2008 07:56:30 AM
Old 10-14-2008
Thanks. I am trying to see what happens here:
perl: this is obvious
-pi.bak: simply copy the current file to it's name + .bak?
-e: there is no mention of this in man perl.
'BEGIN { $/=""; } s/\n //gm': the actual regex. I don't quite get it
*.vcard: go through all these files?

I actually need to change the regex so that it not only removes the space at the beginning of a line, but removes the newline character as well. The only newline characters that should remain are those not followed by a space. In php that would be str_replace("\n ", "", $string); however I cannot figure out the perl regex to modify it as such. And regexes are hard to google for!

I do appreciate the code example, but I am also trying to learn a bit (unusual, I know). I very much appreciate your assistance and patience.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Corrupted files from Windows to Unix Sco

I downloaded some applications from CD on a windows2000 PC to a Unix Sco machine using the WS-FTP program. When I tried to run the applications on the Unix machines I got an error. The files must have been corrupted in the process of transferring files from a Windows 2000 to a Unix Sco... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting files from corrupted tape

I've got a backuptape in cpio format that was accidentally overwritten with a very small batch file. As I assume that the cpio header has been overwritten, I cannot extract files from the backup in the conventional manner: ( cpio -itv </dev/rct0 cpio: this is not a cpio file, bad header) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mart4179
0 Replies

3. Linux

fixing with sed

I am trying to replace the value of $f3 but its not working . I don't know what I am missing here . cat dim_copy.20080516.sql | grep -i "create view" | grep -v OPSDM002 | while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 do echo " $f3 " sed -e... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
13 Replies

4. Solaris

PAM login library files corrupted, have ILOM, can I get root?

I was installing sfw sudo and its dependencies (libiconv, libintl, libgcc)on Solaris 10, running on an x86 x4200 and I corrupted some PAM library files. It's a standard Solaris 10 base install, with some added software & libraries from a vendor. I am on console trying to get root access back,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

WinRAR files are corrupted after FTP

In my Windows 2003 server machine I have a winrar or winzip file that i around 3GB. This zip/rar file is ftped to a unix mahine (HPUX) . FTP is successful. But when it get this file to check if its has been ftped correctly, the file is corrupted. Is there something wrong that i am doing while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maroli
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help fixing awk code to print values from 2 files

Hi everyone, Please help on this: I have file1: <file title="Title 1 and 2"> <report> <title>Title 1</title> <number>No. 1234</number> <address>Address 1</address> <date>October 07, 2009</date> <description>Some text</description> </report> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help fixing awk statement

awk "BEGIN {if($MessageREAD<$ThresholdW) {print \"OK\" ; exit 0} else if(($MessageREAD>=$ThresholdW) && ($MessageREAD<$ThresholdC)) {print \"WARNING\" ; exit 1}" else if($MessageREAD<=$ThresholdC) {print \"CRITICAL\" ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Files getting corrupted

$ uname -a Linux darksun 3.13.0-36-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 3 21:30:45 UTC 2014 i686 athlon i686 GNU/Linux My files are getting corrupted on a frequent basis. $ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sda Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders, total... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
10 Replies
synce-partnership(1)					   http://synce.sourceforge.net/				      synce-partnership(1)

NAME
rra-appointment-from-vevent, rra-appointment-to-vevent, rra-contact-from-vcard, rra-contact-to-vcard, rra-decode, rra-delete, rra-get-data, rra-get-ids, rra-get-recurring-appointments, rra-get-types, rra-put-data, rra-subscribe, rra-task-from-vtodo, rra-task-to-vtodo, rra-time- zone - Tools for manipulating the WinCE Database SYNOPSIS
rra-appointment-from-vevent [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] VEVENT_FILE APPOINTMENT_FILE rra-appointment-to-vevent [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] APPOINTMENT_FILE [VEVENT_FILE] rra-contact-from-vcard [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] VCARD_FILE CONTACT_FILE rra-contact-to-vcard [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] CONTACT_FILE [VCARD_FILE] rra-decode FILE rra-delete [-d LEVEL] TYPE-ID OBJECT-ID ... rra-get-data [-d LEVEL] TYPE-ID OBJECT-ID FILENAME rra-get-ids [-d LEVEL] TYPE-ID ... rra-get-recurring-appointments rra-get-types [-d LEVEL] rra-put-data TYPE-ID OBJECT-ID FLAGS FILENAME rra-subscribe [-d LEVEL] [TYPE-ID] [TYPE-ID] ... rra-task-from-vtodo [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] VTODO_FILE TASK_FILE rra-task-to-vtodo [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] TASK_FILE [VTODO_FILE] rra-timezone [-d LEVEL] [-h] [-i INPUT-FILE] [-o OUTPUT-FILE] [-b] [-r] [-v] DESCRIPTION
This small tools could be used to manipulate the database of a WinCE device. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> SEE ALSO
synce(1) The SynCE project September 2003 synce-partnership(1)