Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script for archive purge Post 302246414 by cfajohnson on Monday 13th of October 2008 03:29:31 PM
Old 10-13-2008

Code:
while read PCN ACCNO TRANCD AMOUNT LOB_TIMESTAMP
do

db2 "DELETE FROM ZB_RCVBL_TRACKER where PCN = $PCN and \
       ACCNO=$ACCNO and TRANCD = $TRANCD and LOB_TIMESTAMP = $LOB_TIMESTAMP" || break

done < "$FILE"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file then purge or archive.

Hi All, I have a root directory /tmp and I want to purge files or archive files in its subsequent subfolders.I listed the path of files I want to purge(archive) and the #of days. (purge) DAYS PATH 7 /tmp/arsenal/* 5 /tmp/chelsea/* (archive? the same as above but different folders... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generic Shell Script to Archive a file

Would appreciate if any one can paste a generic schell script to archive a file with date stamp by passing the file with fullpath as parameter For Eg. /apps/scripts/Archive_File.sh /data_home/project_home/file.txt this should place the file in the following directory ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak1600
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive and purge

Hi, I am writing a shell script for archive data from a table. The design is as follows. Step 1: Execute the select query and extract the data into a text file. Step 2: The primary key for this table is TRACKING_NUM, TRACKING_NUM_SUFFIX, TIMESTAMP_UPDATED. So These three fields will be read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for primary and standby DB archive log check

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 64 bits I would like the below script to send alert mail with the message - "Standby logs falling behind Primary" to xyz@yahoo.com Script ===== #!/usr/bin/ksh #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Use SQL*Plus to query... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the files hourly and purge

I'm new to shell scripting... i have been given a task.. can any one help in this regard.... 1) Check hourly for files in <destination-path><destination-file-template><destination-file-suffix> for files older than <destination-file-retention> days and purge. It should then check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, archive, email and delete from shell script

Hello, I found the forum’s information very helpful and informative. I am relatively new to UNIX programming. I am researching how to write a UNIX shell script to ftp all files from specific host folder to a client server. Also need to archive all transferred files, send a message (email) if any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files and archive

Hi Friends, I have an urgent requirement. I have many files huge in size which has occupied almost the entire disk space. The files are not being moved to the archived folder. But at present I need to purge those files, new to shell scripting, not sure how to proceed. Eg. Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive shell script

Hi, I'm new to Unix shell scripting and my first task is proving to be tricky. Please help where you can with pointers, tips, or examples of script. I'm self learning from the internet. I need to archive off files to another write protected directory according to the file names. ex.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorses
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Archive and purge the log file

Hi Unix Experts, I am new in this filed. I have assignment to Archive and purge the log file using shell scripts I tried I could not get the result please help me this. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies
Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Construct::Text - capture a Mail::Message as text SYNOPSIS
my $text = $msg->string; my $text = "$msg"; # via overload my @text = $msg->lines; my @text = @$lines; # via overload my $fh = $msg->file; my $line = <$fh>; $msg->printStructure; DESCRIPTION
Complex functionality on Mail::Message objects is implemented in different files which are autoloaded. This file implements the functionality related to creating message replies. METHODS
The whole message as text $obj->file() Returns the message as file-handle. $obj->lines() Returns the whole message as set of lines. In LIST context, copies of the lines are returned. In SCALAR context, a reference to an array of lines is returned. $obj->printStructure([FILEHANDLE|undef],[INDENT]) Print the structure of a message to the specified FILEHANDLE or the selected filehandle. When explicitly "undef" is specified as handle, then the output will be returned as string. The message's subject and the types of all composing parts are displayed. INDENT specifies the initial indentation string: it is added in front of each line. The INDENT must contain at least one white-space. example: my $msg = ...; $msg->printStructure(*OUTPUT); $msg->printStructure; my $struct = $msg->printStructure(undef); # Possible output for one message: multipart/mixed: forwarded message from Pietje Puk (1550 bytes) text/plain (164 bytes) message/rfc822 (1043 bytes) multipart/alternative: A multipart alternative (942 bytes) text/plain (148 bytes, deleted) text/html (358 bytes) $obj->string() Returns the whole message as string. Flags SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)