Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: resolv.conf
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting resolv.conf Post 302246371 by learnbash on Monday 13th of October 2008 12:42:12 PM
Old 10-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
I think you are going about it the wrong way.

Code:
exec $<RESOLV >$RESOLV.new

above line should be -> exec <$RESOLV >$RESOLV.new

Thanks,
bash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

/etc/resolv.conf

I am new to unix. I have edited the /etc/resolv.conf. It shows domain name ip address ip address These are the same ips of the dns I use for windows. Still I get no name resolution on the internet. I can ping external ip's is there anything else I need to check? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpnhavoc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns and resolv.conf

Hi ,,still struggling with unix ,,the system is running sco openserver release 5 and have dsl installed ,, the dsl modem is a bt router which in turn is connected to a vpn hardware router,, which also serves internet to the whole network ,, but i still cant connect to the internet via the unix box... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: b03der
10 Replies

3. SuSE

Suse 10 resolv.conf

I want to have 7 search domains in my resolv.conf, but it seems to like only the first six. I read somewhere that the OS will only recognize the first 6 (or the first 154 characters). Is that the case with SUSE 10? thx -Kevin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
2 Replies

4. Solaris

resolv.conf & the internet

Hi I have DNS setup on Solaris 10 thought it isn't reoslveing Internet addresses properly If I traceroute The UNIX and Linux Forums - the Top UNIX & Linux Q&A on the Web, I get to a hop to my DSL router but no further hops - DNS Client & Multicast services are running - nsswitch.conf is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resolv.conf

Hi everyone A quick question during a audit this was determined to be a security issue In the resolv.conf there is a “.” At the end of the domain name Like this domain mydomain.com. I which to understand the function or significance of the . thk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search directive in resolv.conf

Hi all, I am doing an assignment and there is something I am confused about. The requirement is to set up the DNS and sendmail to two domains: lab1 and lab2, with hosts of mail.lab1 and mail.lab2 both acting as DNS server and email server, and send mail from root@lab1 to root@lab2. However, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetelee
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

resolv.conf

Hi, My resolv.conf keeps overwritten. I want to have it to just keep the setting that I put in there. I tried a few solutions I found using google. like supersede domain-name "xxx", prepend domain-name-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; This does'nt work. I also tried to just chmod the file to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

save resolv.conf in linux

hi, I use red hat linux . When I start up network service . I get below error in eth2 root@vls etc]# service network restart Shutting down interface eth2: Shutting down loopback interface: Bringing up loopback interface: Bringing up interface eth2: RTNETLINK answers: File exists Error... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue on resolv.conf

Hi all, :( I am facing issue while I have updated in resolv.conf, after nework service restart, it was automatically deleted IP from resolv.conf file. Could you please let me know what is the reason resolv.conf deleted any IP which I have manually updated, but it store only my router IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradipta Kumar
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies
DH-EXEC(1)							      dh-exec								DH-EXEC(1)

NAME
dh-exec - Debhelper executable file helpers SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ etc/example.conf => debian/foo/etc/foo/foo.conf DESCRIPTION
dh-exec is a simple program, meant to be used as the interpreter for executable debhelper config files. It is a wrapper around the various other sub-commands (see below), and will pipe the input file through all of them in turn, using an ordering that makes most sense in the vast majority of cases. The order as of now is dh-exec-subst gets run first, followed by dh-exec-install, so that variable expansion happens before files need to be copied. ARCHITECTURE
dh-exec is built up from three layers: there is the dh-exec utility, its single entry point, the only thing one will need to call. Below that, there are the various sub-commands, such as dh-exec-subst, dh-exec-installs and dh-exec-illiterate, which are thin wrappers around the various dh-exec scripts, that make sure they only run those that need to be run. And the lowest layer are the various scripts that do the actual work. One can control which sub-commands to run, or if even more granularity is desired, one can limit which scripts shall be run, too. See below for the options! OPTIONS
--with=command[,command ...] Replace the list of sub-commands to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly set which sub-commands to use. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. Defaults to subst,install. --without=command[,command ...] Inversely to the option above, this lists all the sub-commands which should not be used. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. --with-scripts=script[,script ...] Replace the list of scripts to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly specify which scripts to use, limiting even beyond what the --with option is capable of. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. By default it is empty, meaning there is no filtering done, and whatever scripts the sub-commands find, will be run. --no-act Do not really do anything, but print the pipeline that would have been run instead. --list List the available sub-commands and scripts, grouped by sub-command. --help, --version Display a short help or the package version, respectively. SUB-COMMANDS dh-exec-subst Substitutes various variables (either from the environment, or from dpkg-architecture(1)). dh-exec-install An extension to dh_install(1), that supports renaming files during the copy process, using a special syntax. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_LIBDIR The directory in which the wrapped sub-commands reside. Defaults to /usr/lib/dh-exec/. DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR The directory in which the scripts that do the heavy work live. Defaults to /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_LIBDIR/dh-exec-* The various sub-commands. $DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-* The various scripts ran by the sub-commands. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec-subst(1), dh-exec-install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC(1)