Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat "No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation Post 302246337 by junaid.malik on Monday 13th of October 2008 11:05:13 AM
Old 10-13-2008
Hi,

I got the same problem while installation. Can you check the configuration of your machine it must be configured before installation (RAID 1+0 etc).

And better way is to go for fomart file system and then configure with above RAID option. hope it will work.

Best of luck !

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Path Not Found Error "Sunfire V100"

I recently got this new old server from a friend. I just installed a fresh version of Solaris 10 on it. I have put a static IP of 192.168.100.10 the server. Their is no subnetting scheme on the network. And I made the hostname "SunServ." And I also changed the folder "/etc/inet/hosts" because I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisd11
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why emacs caused "command not found" error

I installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on my PC. When i typed 'emacs' on the console, "command not found" error occurrd. Why. :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. AIX

Ssh installation error "RSA key generation failed"

While trying to upgrade ssh from v4.7 to v5.0 on AIX 5.3 TL9, I end up with the following error. Has anyone come across this? Note: openssl has been upgraded to 0.9.8.840 before this upgrade Bala (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail script throwing an error "No recipient addresses found in header"

Hi, I am using following code to send an e-mail with attachment and body. echo "To: user1@mail.com,user2@mail.com" > mail.tmp echo "Cc: user3@mail.com,user4@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "From: group@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "Subject: my report" >> mail.tmp echo "please see as attached"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Could interrupt disabled cause "opreport error: No sample file found"?

Hi All I would like to profile my application with oprofile but I can't since no samples are collected. The kernel of my app is 2.6 on RED HAT Enterprise 5.3 (Tikanga) so OProfile is setup in timer interrupt mode # opcontrol --list-events Using timer interrupt. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant get awk 1liner to remove duplicate lines from Delimited file, get "event not found" error..help

Hi, I am on a Solaris8 machine If someone can help me with adjusting this awk 1 liner (turning it into a real awkscript) to get by this "event not found error" ...or Present Perl solution code that works for Perl5.8 in the csh shell ...that would be great. ****************** ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy b
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies
IIR(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     IIR(4)

NAME
iir -- Intel Integrated RAID controller and ICP Vortex driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device scbus device iir Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): iir_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The iir driver claims to interface with the Intel integrated RAID controller cards, and all versions of the ICP Vortex controllers (including FC). HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the iir driver include: o Intel RAID Controller SRCMR o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-l (SRCU31a) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-1L (SRCU31La) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-2 (SRCU32) o All past and future releases of Intel and ICP RAID Controllers. o Intel RAID Controller SRCU21 (discontinued) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31 (older revision, not compatible) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31L (older revision, not compatible) The SRCU31 and SRCU31L can be updated via a firmware update available from Intel. SEE ALSO
cam(4), pass(4), xpt(4), camcontrol(8) AUTHORS
The iir driver is supported and maintained by Achim Leubner <Achim_Leubner@adaptec.com>. This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> and is based on information supplied by the driver authors and the website of Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>. BSD August 8, 2004 BSD