Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menu help with array selection Post 302246336 by cfajohnson on Monday 13th of October 2008 11:04:32 AM
Old 10-13-2008

What do you want to do with it?

To store it in a variable:

Code:
eval "value=\${STAT_$VAR[2]}"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array and Selection

I have a question: Y X Tabel a is a array multidimensional --> a(1024,20) I load in to array a Text from 6000 row where: in a(1,1) is present the row 1 of original text, in a(1024,1) is present then row 1024 of original test and in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
4 Replies

2. Linux

Opt out of selection menu?

When I logon to my server with PuTTY I am forced into a selection menu with few options. How to I opt out of this menu to get to the home directory to view all of the files on the server? Thanks for the help. :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksirimarco
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input A Menu Selection In A Variable

hey all, me again....having a problem with my code, where I essentially am trying to show a menu, have the user select an option (from 1 to 5), then display which selection they picked... #!/bin/bash # A LIST OF THE ERROR MESSAGES AND THE PROPER SYNTAX: error_0="Correct amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reprint the select menu after a selection

Hi, I am using a select in ksh for a script #!/bin/ksh FIRSTLIST='one two three four quit' PS3='Please select a number: ' select i in $FIRSTLIST ; do case $i in one) print 'this is one' ;; two) print 'this is 2' ;; three) print 'this is 3' ;; four) print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omerzzz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A selection menu in a shell script

I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear Command 1-choice 2- choice 3-choice Thanks Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic menu selection? Help..

Hi guys, i would like to create a program that allow user to show the information of certain thing such as network card. I would like the menu to be dynamic, for example: my computer system have 2 network card inserted at the moment, therefore the menu will have 2 choice for the user. eth0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog --menu limitation for the entries for selection

Hi Guys, Please pardon me if this is a silly question, but I have tried to find an answer and going through the man page and failed to get one. I have created a menu driven script with dialog --menu option. Everything is working as expeted, however, it seems that if I have more than 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ww889
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog menu with array

Hi I'm currently making a schoolproject and I'm stuck with reading an array into the possible options of a menu dialog. What I mean is: I've put some values into an array, I want all these values from the array to be possible to be selected in the menu. Please help :) I'm programming in Debian... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dan007255
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog menu with array

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi I'm currently making a schoolproject and I'm stuck with reading an array into the possible options of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dan007255
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selection from array

Hi, I need some help taking a selection from a command and adding part of the output to an array. I'd like to read the items into the array, have the user chose an option from the array and put the item from column 1 into a variable. The command is: awless -l list routetables --columns... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bignellrp
7 Replies
DumpXML(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DumpXML(3pm)

NAME
Data::DumpXML - Dump arbitrary data structures as XML SYNOPSIS
use Data::DumpXML qw(dump_xml); $xml = dump_xml(@list) DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function called dump_xml() that takes a list of Perl values as its argument and produces a string as its result. The string returned is an XML document that represents any Perl data structures passed to the function. Reference loops are han- dled correctly. The following data model is used: data : scalar* scalar = undef | str | ref | alias ref : scalar | array | hash | glob | code array: scalar* hash: (key scalar)* The distribution comes with an XML schema and a DTD that more formally describe this structure. As an example of the XML documents produced, the following call: $a = bless [1,2], "Foo"; dump_xml($a); produces: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?> <data xmlns="http://www.cpan.org/.../Data-DumpXML.xsd"> <ref> <array class="Foo"> <str>1</str> <str>2</str> </array> </ref> </data> If dump_xml() is called in a void context, then the dump is printed on STDERR automatically. For compatibility with "Data::Dump", there is also an alias for dump_xml() called simply dump(). "Data::DumpXML::Parser" is a class that can restore data structures dumped by dump_xml(). Configuration variables The generated XML is influenced by a set of configuration variables. If you modify them, then it is a good idea to localize the effect. For example: sub my_dump_xml { local $Data::DumpXML::INDENT = ""; local $Data::DumpXML::XML_DECL = 0; local $Data::DumpXML::DTD_LOCATION = ""; local $Data::DumpXML::NS_PREFIX = "dumpxml"; return dump_xml(@_); } The variables are: $Data::DumpXML::INDENT You can set the variable $Data::DumpXML::INDENT to control the amount of indenting. The variable contains the whitespace you want to be used for each level of indenting. The default is a single space. To suppress indenting, set it to "". $Data::DumpXML::INDENT_STYLE This variable controls where end element are placed. If you set this variable to the value "Lisp" then end tags are not prefixed by NL. This give a more compact output. $Data::DumpXML::XML_DECL This boolean variable controls whether an XML declaration should be prefixed to the output. The XML declaration is the <?xml ...?> thingy. The default is 1. Set this value to 0 to suppress the declaration. $Data::DumpXML::NAMESPACE This variable contains the namespace used for the XML elements. The default is to let this be a URI that actually resolve to the XML schema on CPAN. Set it to "" to disable use of namespaces. $Data::DumpXML::NS_PREFIX This variable contains the namespace prefix to use on the elements. The default is "", which means that a default namespace will be declared. $Data::DumpXML::SCHEMA_LOCATION This variable contains the location of the XML schema. If this variable is non-empty, then an "xsi:schemaLocation" attribute is added to the top level "data" element. The default is not to include this, as the location can be inferred from the default XML namespace used. $Data::DumpXML::DTD_LOCATION This variable contains the location of the DTD. If this variable is non-empty, then a <!DOCTYPE ...> is included in the output. The default is to point to the DTD on CPAN. Set it to "" to suppress the <!DOCTYPE ...> line. BUGS
Class names with 8-bit characters are dumped as Latin-1, but converted to UTF-8 when restored by the Data::DumpXML::Parser. The content of globs and subroutines are not dumped. They are restored as the strings "** glob **" and "** code **". LVALUE and IO objects are not dumped at all. They simply disappear from the restored data structure. SEE ALSO
Data::DumpXML::Parser, XML::Parser, XML::Dumper, Data::Dump AUTHORS
The "Data::DumpXML" module is written by Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no>, based on "Data::Dump". The "Data::Dump" module was written by Gisle Aas, based on "Data::Dumper" by Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@umich.edu>. Copyright 1998-2003 Gisle Aas. Copyright 1996-1998 Gurusamy Sarathy. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2006-04-08 DumpXML(3pm)