Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ? Post 302246317 by astjen on Monday 13th of October 2008 10:26:37 AM
Old 10-13-2008
by "manual", do you mean "installation tips" like following link ? --->
http://www-933.ibm.com/eserver/suppo...300-08-00-0818

Last edited by astjen; 10-13-2008 at 11:32 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can i see who used our AIX system

Our firewall logs show strange entries and we had a strange issue of a moved directory withour anybody knowing of it. Are their log files on AIX where i can see who used the system ( logged on, move anything, ... ) Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
5 Replies

2. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

3. AIX

I need get the system aix please

hi my frieds, I´m from mexico and I was looking the SO Aix. please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puma056
4 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Printers moved to anothere AIX system

AIX Printers need to be moved to another system Guy's We have two servers old AIX 5.2 and new AIX 6.1 the old server has more than 300 printers installed with different configurations I'd like to move all the printers from the old server to the new server with fast steps it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

5. AIX

Aix 5.3 Audit issue - not orking properly

Hello Friends, I had enabled the audit and configured for sysadmin user alone in audit config file. but the audit starts logging for root user alone. Attached the conf file. I want the aduit to record only for sysadmin activities.. need your expertise and help in solving the issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script not working properly on Solaris (works fine on AIX)?

Hi, I have a problem with a SED script that works fine on AIX but does not work properly on a Solaris system. The ksh script executes the SED and puts the output in HTML in tables. But the layout of the output in HTML is not shown correctly(no tables, no color). Can anyone tell if there is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faith111
7 Replies

7. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

8. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 TL8 update : bos.aso doesn't install.

Hello. An update of TL from TL7 to TL8 is ending with errors : Requisite Failures ------------------ SELECTED FILESETS: The following is a list of filesets that you asked to install. They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets are also installed. See subsequent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)