Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: status of daemons
Operating Systems HP-UX status of daemons Post 302246316 by DustBunny on Monday 13th of October 2008 10:26:07 AM
Old 10-13-2008
Well, # ps -eaf is the way I guess. Actually, we do not have a command in hpux like # svcs in Solaris 10.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DNS daemons

Does anyone know the command to start the DNS Daemon. I looked in the /etc/init.d/inetsvc file and it tells me what the text should look like. When I go to open the corresponding files they are encoded and I can't read them. So is there a command that will start the DNS daemon? If... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

root owner of daemons?

Hi all, what happens if i have a service running as root? if it is exploited what would happen? can a hacker actually becomes a hacker and screw up my whole box? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xNYx
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daemons

MYSQL-daemon don't started automatically by system-start. And same trouble with httpd too. I have SuSE 8.0. What can I do ? Thanks.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
6 Replies

4. Linux

A doubt on Daemons

Hi there! I'm a bit curious on something about Daemons.... Supose you have two processes say A and B, where B is a daemon. A is totally independent from B. Is there a way for A to find out B's return code? Is there a way for A to find out when B ends? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marioh
4 Replies

5. Solaris

SUN SOLARIS boot: start daemons

Hi, I have a problem on a Solaris 9 server! After a restart some daemons don't start and I have to start them manually! I thing that everything is ok in the /sbin/rc3 script! And if I run manually the "/etc/init.d/xxx start" the services start without problem. I didn't find anything in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctap
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting daemons at reboot.

I rebooted my server (solaris 5.8) and I had to manually start the cron and mailx daemons. How do I get these to automatically start at reboot? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping and backgroud processes (daemons)

Hello to all, I've a strage problem here: a perl script that parses the output of sar -q 300 0 (one line of performace data each 5 min. infinately) works fine from the CLI. It processes one line output every 5 minutes. If i disconnect it from the terminal (executing it with cron, nohup startporc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demwz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

daemons definition

hi there, can somebody give me a definition for daemons, or example what are they !! and what the use for? i've done some research and all what i found is /etc/... or /usr/bin/... and i haven't quietly got the concept. any ideas !! Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2Linux
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Command to list down all daemons in Solaris

Hi All, Is there any command to list all running daemons in Solaris. I should able to see only running daemons. Regards, SKumar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskumar
5 Replies
mdmonitord(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mdmonitord(1M)

NAME
mdmonitord - daemon to monitor metadevices SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mdmonitord [-t time_interval] DESCRIPTION
The mdmonitord utility is part of Solaris Volume Manager. It monitors and checks RAID1 (mirrors), RAID5 and hot spares. There are two methods for checking: o At fixed time intervals. o When a RAID-1 (mirror), RAID-5, or hot spare fails. A failure generates an error event which triggers a check of these metadevices. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -t Time interval in seconds. The default value is 0, which causes probes to occur only upon an error. If you want to run mdmonitord at a regular interval, a value of 1800 (seconds, every half hour) is recommended as a starting point. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metare- cover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), svcadm(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), smf(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
Since frequent probes can affect performance, it is recommended that the intervals between probes be limited. The mdmonitord service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/mdmonitor Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 2004 mdmonitord(1M)