Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help creating mailing lists
Operating Systems Linux help creating mailing lists Post 302246284 by tarunicon on Monday 13th of October 2008 08:27:48 AM
Old 10-13-2008
help creating mailing lists

hey everyone ..i wanted to know how to create mailing lists with sendmail and postifx and wanted to know about mailmans ...would be nice if some has used mailman..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating unique lists from user input

hi all, I'm trying to resolve a scenario where we prompt the user to enter 1 or more disk names. From there we would run a command on each disk which would give its location. This would allow us to create a list of disks at location A, a list of disks at location B,....etc... Any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fetchmail with multidrop & mailing lists

At the moment we as using fetchmail (SLES9, 6.2.5) to pick up our emails (for approx 200 users) from our multidrop box. Everything works fine as long as the receivers address is in the TO: header. for example To: <firstname.lastname@to_domain.tld> Our problem is that when users are on a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frieling
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating mailing labels using gawk!

Hello, I've got another thread going in this forum section about calculating a particular field of data using a gawk script, but I need help on another issue. I need to create mailing labels using a gawk script on a data file that looks like this: Doe|John|12345 Main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding mailing of logs

Hi Folks, I have an application which logs get continuously refreshed and made after every 1 second , I want that those logs get mailed to me at my email id sara@somewhere.com The location is cd /var/log/abc/log Please advise the command so that I can mail abc.log at my mailid inbox... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

organise mailing lists in email client

mr macos please bare with me i couldnt find a place to post my issue and hence m posting it here How do you organise mailing lists in your email client? How do you guys organise your mailing lists? I'm having a few issues with my set up: When I subscribe to a mailing list I add a rule in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgekhaidas
2 Replies
XkbNoteNameChanges(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					     XkbNoteNameChanges(3)

NAME
XkbNoteNameChanges - Note the changed names in a changes structure SYNOPSIS
void XkbNoteNameChanges (XkbNameChangesPtr old, XkbNamesNotifyEvent *new, unsigned int wanted); ARGUMENTS
- old XkbNameChanges structure to be updated - new event from which changes are to be copied - wanted types of names for which changes are to be noted DESCRIPTION
When your application receives a XkbNamesNotify event, you can note the changed names in a changes structure using XkbNoteNameChanges. The wanted parameter is the bitwise inclusive OR of the valid names mask bits shown in Table 1. XkbNoteNameChanges copies any changes that are reported in new and specified in wanted into the changes record specified by old. Table 1 Symbolic Names Masks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mask Bit Value Keyboard Field Component --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- XkbKeycodesNameMask (1<<0) Xkb->names keycodes XkbGeometryNameMask (1<<1) Xkb->names geometry XkbSymbolsNameMask (1<<2) Xkb->names symbols XkbPhysSymbolsNameMask (1<<3) Xkb->names phys_symbols XkbTypesNameMask (1<<4) Xkb->names type XkbCompatNameMask (1<<5) Xkb->names compat XkbKeyTypeNamesMask (1<<6) Xkb->map type[*].name XkbKTLevelNamesMask (1<<7) Xkb->map type[*].lvl_names[*] XkbIndicatorNamesMask (1<<8) Xkb->names indicators[*] XkbKeyNamesMask (1<<9) Xkb->names keys[*], num_keys XkbKeyAliasesMask (1<<10) Xkb->names key_aliases[*], num_key_aliases XkbVirtualModNamesMask (1<<11) Xkb->names vmods[*] XkbGroupNamesMask (1<<12) Xkb->names groups[*] XkbRGNamesMask (1<<13) Xkb->names radio_groups[*], num_rg XkbComponentNamesMask (0x3f) Xkb->names keycodes, geometry, symbols, physical symbols, types, and compatibility map XkbAllNamesMask (0x3fff) Xkb->names all name components X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XkbNoteNameChanges(3)