Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date addition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date addition Post 302246246 by jim mcnamara on Monday 13th of October 2008 06:50:00 AM
Old 10-13-2008
stat works on files, not epoch seconds.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition

Hi all, I am new to perl. I need help adding bunch of numbers. I have a file look like this: 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with addition

Hi all, I am getting following output by using commands like sort, uniq and awk to the standard output. 110 d 40 a 59 c 9 b 3 e Now at the end I would like to add all the numbers in column 1 and display the count of all numbers i.e. (110 + 40 + 59 + 9 + 3). Also the output may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition

Hi all, I am very new to shell programming and trying to learn out the basics. I tried this: $ echo `expr 20 + 30` and it worked. But when i tried this,it does not work. $ a=20 $ b=30 $ echo `expr a + b` The error is: expr: non-numeric argument I cant understand why its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition Of New Fields

Hi, I want to add 3 new fields in the existing file.Please find the example below. input: UID: ABCD UNAME: XYZ Desired Output Tmiestamp: 20101208 UID: ABCD UNAME: XYZ DEPTNO:40 ModifyTImestamp:20101209 If you see the above i have added the 3 columns manually in the output section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nani7574
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution/Addition

Hi I need to do the following substitution I have to look for line starting with ABC and add 4 ":" before the first occurence of "+"in that line Input ABC:12:Lambert:C278472:1357:0:0:0:0:2:N::::N:9045123:NAP::+DEF output ABC:12:Lambert:C278472:1357.00:0.00:0:0:0:2:N::::N:9045123:NAP::::::+DEF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk addition

How would I print out the total amount through awk? I tried using print "Total Amount: " $4+$4; Would I have to do a for loop to get through everything? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boltftw
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition of two numbers

by the script, two files Q1 and Q2 will be generated on the system. Q1 will contain an integer number and Q2 also contain an integer number. i would like to add those numbers and put into new file. excerpt from my script 22 subcount=`echo $dir/Q$qid.txt` + `echo $dir/Q$qid.txt` 23 echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limitation in addition

whats wrong with this addition? Whats the maximum number of digits can be handled? pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ const=201234454654768979799999 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ let new+=const pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ echo $new -2152890657037557890 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Julian date

Need assistance . Below code gets me julian date . I wanted to add hour/24 to julian date and output it. Is there a way to do the calculation? use Time::Local; use POSIX qw(strftime); my $time=timelocal(1,2,3,9,11,2013); printf strftime "%j", localtime($time); 343 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition of new line

Hi I have a file whose contents are as follows: sorce1 LEN assumption 695 3570 0.770047 - . ID=f000001.1;source_id=A.off_LEN_10008424; sorce1 LEN descriptive 3334 3570 . - 0 Parent=f000001.1; sorce1 LEN ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
8 Replies
DateTime::Format::Epoch(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      DateTime::Format::Epoch(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch - Convert DateTimes to/from epoch seconds SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch; my $dt = DateTime->new( year => 1970, month => 1, day => 1 ); my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch->new( epoch => $dt, unit => 'seconds', type => 'int', # or 'float', 'bigint' skip_leap_secondss => 1, start_at => 0, local_epoch => undef, ); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); # 2003-04-28T00:00:00 $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); # 1051488000 DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the number of seconds since a given epoch. It can also do the reverse. METHODS
o new( ... ) Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It can take the following parameters: "epoch", "unit", "type", "skip_leap_seconds", "start_at", "local_epoch" and "dhms". The epoch parameter is the only required parameter. It should be a DateTime object (or at least, it has to be convertible to a DateTime object). This datetime is the starting point of the day count, and is usually numbered 0. If you want to start at a different value, you can use the start_at parameter. The unit parameter can be "seconds", "milliseconds, "microseconds" or "nanoseconds". The default is "seconds". If you need any other unit, you must specify the number of units per second. If you specify a number of units per second below 1, the unit will be longer than a second. In this way, you can count days: unit => 1/86_400. The type parameter specifies the type of the return value. It can be "int" (returns integer value), "float" (returns floating point value), or "bigint" (returns Math::BigInt value). The default is either "int" (if the unit is "seconds"), or "bigint" (if the unit is nanoseconds). The default behaviour of this module is to skip leap seconds. This is what (most versions of?) UNIX do. If you want to include leap seconds, set skip_leap_seconds to false. Some operating systems use an epoch defined in the local timezone of the computer. If you want to use such an epoch in this module, you have two options. The first is to submit a DateTime object with the appropriate timezone. The second option is to set the local_epoch parameter to a true value. In this case, you should submit an epoch with a floating timezone. The exact epoch used in "format_datetime" will then depend on the timezone of the object you pass to "format_datetime". Most often, the time since an epoch is given in seconds. In some circumstances however it is expressed as a number of days, hours, minutes and seconds. This is done by NASA, for the so called Mission Elapsed Time. For example, 2/03:45:18 MET means it has been 2 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes, and 18 seconds since liftoff. If you set the dhms parameter to true, format_datetime returns a four element list, containing the number of days, hours, minutes and seconds, and parse_datetime accepts the same four element list. o format_datetime($datetime) Given a DateTime object, this method returns the number of seconds since the epoch. o parse_datetime($secs) Given a number of seconds, this method returns the corresponding DateTime object. BUGS
I think there's a problem when you define a count that does not skip leap seconds, and uses the local timezone. Don't do that. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch(3pm)