Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Suggested tool / approach for performance testing Post 302246023 by figaro on Sunday 12th of October 2008 10:27:28 AM
Old 10-12-2008
Thanks for the swift response. These days it is hard to see how web sites can be developed without Firebug and YSlow is an excellent add-on to Firefox. Some of the other tools in the list I was not aware of and will check them. Some of those remaining tools have not been maintained for a while, such as httperf.

I have also extensively checked the listings at opensourcetesting.org, but the vast majority is either ill-maintained, dependent on Java/Python or Windows or only measure responses for stress tests.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Performance Tool

Could someone point me in the correct direction or web link containing instructions for installing the System Performance Tool (aka STP) software on an IBM-AIX version 4.? machine. My client has the software (that came from their original server) on a 3" floppy. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pam
1 Replies

2. Programming

Performance inquiry...guestimate better approach

So, I've been told and heard a million times that malloc and free are expensive calls to be avoided. So many times I avoid malloc by reusing already allocated memory blocks. Store them on free lists somewhere myself and don't call free when I know malloc will be called very shortly thereafter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

3. AIX

Performance testing on AIX

I'm doing performance testing for one application which works on AIX. But I don't know which performance parameters of memory need to be collected. Now, I just know very few: 1. page in 2. page out 3. fre They are all collected by "vmstat" command. I want to know, except for above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adasong
2 Replies

4. Linux

Doubt about programs for testing Linux performance

Hello friends, I'm working on a Thesis and right now I'm in a phase of comparing a Linux vs Windows performance in similar situations on the same machine. I'm asking here because I would like help on this, since I've always worked in Linux as an Administrator and a user, never as a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzcool
6 Replies

5. AIX

Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts , Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system .. to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system .. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
12 Replies

6. Red Hat

Suggested books / Whitepapers for Linux Performance Tuning

Hi All, I'm looking for good reference books or white papers about Linux Redhat Performance tuning / system tuning. Thanks for any advice. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxqwer
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Performance data via HPOV tool

Hi, We have HP OpenView tool to extract utilization report and extract them in csv. Every month I pull 30 days CPU and Memory utilization, every 5 minutes via GUI and export it in csv (excel) format. It is always a time consuming process to run it on a set of servers and then pick next set because... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
MSGFMT(1)								GNU								 MSGFMT(1)

NAME
msgfmt - compile message catalog to binary format SYNOPSIS
msgfmt [OPTION] filename.po ... DESCRIPTION
Generate binary message catalog from textual translation description. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. Similarly for optional arguments. Input file location: filename.po ... input files -D, --directory=DIRECTORY add DIRECTORY to list for input files search If input file is -, standard input is read. Operation mode: -j, --java Java mode: generate a Java ResourceBundle class --java2 like --java, and assume Java2 (JDK 1.2 or higher) --csharp C# mode: generate a .NET .dll file --csharp-resources C# resources mode: generate a .NET .resources file --tcl Tcl mode: generate a tcl/msgcat .msg file --qt Qt mode: generate a Qt .qm file Output file location: -o, --output-file=FILE write output to specified file --strict enable strict Uniforum mode If output file is -, output is written to standard output. Output file location in Java mode: -r, --resource=RESOURCE resource name -l, --locale=LOCALE locale name, either language or language_COUNTRY -d DIRECTORY base directory of classes directory hierarchy The class name is determined by appending the locale name to the resource name, separated with an underscore. The -d option is mandatory. The class is written under the specified directory. Output file location in C# mode: -r, --resource=RESOURCE resource name -l, --locale=LOCALE locale name, either language or language_COUNTRY -d DIRECTORY base directory for locale dependent .dll files The -l and -d options are mandatory. The .dll file is written in a subdirectory of the specified directory whose name depends on the locale. Output file location in Tcl mode: -l, --locale=LOCALE locale name, either language or language_COUNTRY -d DIRECTORY base directory of .msg message catalogs The -l and -d options are mandatory. The .msg file is written in the specified directory. Input file syntax: -P, --properties-input input files are in Java .properties syntax --stringtable-input input files are in NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings syntax Input file interpretation: -c, --check perform all the checks implied by --check-format, --check-header, --check-domain --check-format check language dependent format strings --check-header verify presence and contents of the header entry --check-domain check for conflicts between domain directives and the --output-file option -C, --check-compatibility check that GNU msgfmt behaves like X/Open msgfmt --check-accelerators[=CHAR] check presence of keyboard accelerators for menu items -f, --use-fuzzy use fuzzy entries in output Output details: -a, --alignment=NUMBER align strings to NUMBER bytes (default: 1) --no-hash binary file will not include the hash table Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit --statistics print statistics about translations -v, --verbose increase verbosity level AUTHOR
Written by Ulrich Drepper. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1995-1998, 2000-2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for msgfmt is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and msgfmt programs are properly installed at your site, the command info msgfmt should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-tools 0.18.1 June 2010 MSGFMT(1)