Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Job Loss
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks Job Loss Post 302246013 by Linux Bot on Sunday 12th of October 2008 09:20:09 AM
Old 10-12-2008
Job Loss

2008-10-12T22:27:00+02:00

Download loosejobs.comicdoc

Image Image Image Image

Source...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting data loss during FTP

Hi, How we can detect that there has been a data loss during FTP, throught Shell scripting? I have gone through FTP return codes, but, none indicate that there has been any data loss. Can we use FTP return code 226 as an indication that during file transfer there has been no data loss? If,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerbo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Response time under packet loss

I am experiencing a problem where under a dial condition I am experiencing packet loss, which is failrly normal, but the response to the packet loss is taking bewteen 6 and 10 seconds. Could someone please advise what the industry standard is on the response time under a packet loss senario. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shane
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Latency, Loss and Jitter from PING responses.

I have a script that pings several hosts and stores the response in a text file (see below) Once this file is created, the intention is to populate a database with the values for 'packet loss', 'avg' and 'mdev', but first I have to extract this data. avg=latency mdev = jitter packet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony.kandaya
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

packet loss problem

I have 4 network ports on our T5240 sun server. all but 1 gives packet losses (nxge1) nxge0 gives on average 50% packet loss, very bad. nxge2 gives on average 1-2% packet loss. nxge3 gives on average 20% packet loss. Is there a tool or something to help me find the problem? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotating logs in Perl without message loss

(I'm aware log rotation is a common subject, but I tried searching and couldn't find an answer) For some time now, I've been using the Logfile::Rotate module to rotate logs in a log-monitoring script. So far, I haven't experienced any problems, and it works great because I can use it in Linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w1r3d
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies
globus_gram_job_manager_script_interface(3)		      globus gram job manager		       globus_gram_job_manager_script_interface(3)

NAME
globus_gram_job_manager_script_interface - Job Manager Scheduler Interface The GRAM Job Manager interfaces with the job filesystems and scheduler through scheduler-specific Perl modules. GRAM provides several Perl modules which can be used to implement scheduler-specific interfaces to the GRAM Job Manager. These are: Globus::GRAM::Error This module implements the GRAM error results as objects. Methods in this module will construct a GRAM error with the value matching the values in the GRAM Protocol library. A scheduler-specific JobManager module may return one of these objects from its methods to indicate errors to the Job Manager program. Globus::GRAM::JobState This module defines the GRAM job state constants. A scheduler-specific JobManager module returns one of these values from its methods to indicate the managed job's current state. Globus::GRAM::JobSignal This module defines the GRAM job signal constant values. The Job Manager uses these values to communicate which signal is being invoked in the manager's signal method. Globus::GRAM::JobManager This module defines the actual implementatoin of the Job Manager scheduler interface. One writing a scheduler-specific GRAM interface will create a subclass of this object which overrides the default implementation's methods. Globus::GRAM::JobDescription This module mimics the RSL job description using perl syntax. The job manager passes an object of this type to the JobManager modules's constructor. The job manager stores RSL and some configuration values in that JobDescription object. The manager accesses values stored in the JobDescription by invoking methods containing the RSL attribute's name (example: $description->gram_my_job()). Method names are handled as if they were based on the canonical RSL representation of the attribute name. For example, the gram_my_job may be equivalently referred to as GramMyJob, grammyjob, or GRAM_My_Job. Version 13.33 Mon Apr 30 2012 globus_gram_job_manager_script_interface(3)