Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /usr unable to mount
Operating Systems Solaris /usr unable to mount Post 302245961 by incredible on Sunday 12th of October 2008 03:19:38 AM
Old 10-12-2008
The only way is to bring down the system to maintenance mode and perform a filesystem check. Worst case scenario if its unrepairable, you will have to restore the whole /usr from your last backup. Have experienced this a number of times.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Boot problem: failed to mount /usr

My Solaris10 cannot boot after I made an error when apending the vfstab to: dev to mount======/dev/dsk/c0d0p1:1 device to fsck====== <blank> mount pt=========/Data FS Type==========pcfs fsck pass=========- mount at boot=====yes mount options===== <blank> My 'Data' partition is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maag
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

/usr/openwin/bin/xinit: unable to connect to Xserver

Hi Gents, I have downloaded Sol 8 2/04 from Sun's web page and I have tried to install it into a V890. I can boot from a CD 1of 2 without any problem. After the selection of the language and the Locale, the TWM (Sol Install Console window) cannot starts up. The following are the errors... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmakhol
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Mount /usr as a separate filesystem

Hi All, I have mount /usr directory as a seperate filesystem.The /usr directory includedd in / root file system.I have to mount it as seperate. Please Help me, Thanks and Regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
7 Replies

4. Solaris

smf fails to mount svc:/system/filesystem/usr:default

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cmq7vn.jpg Please help me on this issue i'm using solaris on vmware x86 even i runed fsck on root disk like 'fsck -Y /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 ' but again after reboot it is going to maintanance mode reply soon (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: knl.sundeep
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

/usr out of disk space need to unmount/ expand volume /mount

Greetings, I am running HP-UX 10.2 and /usr is out of disk space already. I installed IE 5.0 for UNIX on my machine under /usr and browsed the Internet for a while and presto no more disk space. I have plenty of hard disk space on my computer so would like to expand the size of the volume. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to create or delete a directory in /usr with root user

Hi All, I am trying to uninstall jdk 1.5 from my Solaris 10 64 bit but some how was not successful.so tried to delete the folder of jdk from /usr but its throughing error as: Unable to remove directory jdk: Read-only file system Even I tried to create a dir in /usr but its not allowing me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pshah
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Unable to mount disk

I am running Ubuntu Server, I recently added a new hard drive to the machine When I run fdisk -l I see both drives. The recently added drive is present but it's listed as extended. when I try to mount the drive it says you must specify the file system type. I can't mount this drive, I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Failed to mount /usr

I recently ran the Solaris 10 upgrade 10 and everything went fine. About 2 months later after rebooting and getting ready to load the latest upgrade that came out, I am getting this error. ERROR: svc:/system/filesytem/root: default failed to mount /usr (see 'svc -x' for details) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_1980
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to mount.

Hi, I am unable to mount the AIX share on Red Hat Linux 5.5 getting below error on linux server while mounting. reason given by server: unknown nfs status return value: -1 I have checked on AIX side. lssrc -g nfs showing below output. bash-3.00# lssrc -g nfs Subsystem ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. AIX

/usr/sbin/extendvg: Unable to extend volume group

Dear Expret, Help me about my issue, I trying add new disk to volume Group but error: step add new disk to volume group. 1. ~Change a Volume Group Add a Physical Volume to a Volume Group Remove a Physical Volume from a Volume Group Reorganize a Volume Group... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
6 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)