Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PuTTY TITLE
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PuTTY TITLE Post 302245942 by ysprathap on Saturday 11th of October 2008 08:30:48 PM
Old 10-11-2008
You can puttcm - a multitab client that uses putty. It will automatically display server names or connection names.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Title changing

I am using SCO Open Server 5.0.6 in different machines in same building. In order to avaoid confusion I would like to give different login messages instead of 'SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5' prior to machine name. Pl. help. Praseeda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praseeda
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

putty title window?

I have implemented the solution from mschwage located in post https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/35784-change-putty-title-window.html; ie wt () { echo -n "^2;${@}^G" } This method is awesome!!!! The reason I am sending you this message is to get your assistance with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Get the Title of My Putty Window (Emulating an XTerm)

I have a Perl script that changes the terminal window title and I would like to reset it to the original value when I am done. We are using Putty which emulates xterm. We are not running X-Windows so I can't use something like xprop (can I?). I'm using XTerm control codes to change the title and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateTut
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely setting putty window title

I have successfully used a script to modify putty's window title for many years. It has worked great in a Solaris 10 environment, using, sh, bash and tcsh. But I've never been able to get it to work in linux :( The script relies on sending escape sequences via gnu echo. The version of echo on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsreyb
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change putty title name

Hello all, I have a not so unix question for you guys(or maybe it is). I use PUTTY to login to serverA (my putty title shows as serverA.domainname.com) Now from ServerA i do ssh user@ServerB (i have ssh public private key setup)... now my question is when i do ssh and logon to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl title help

my codeothers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract title

need a bit of help please i have a htmlfile in the file there is a long list of txt each line has a different title i want to extract all the titles with egrep, sed, awk, and save them to a txt.file example extract the bits in red from this <h3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
8 Replies
XInternAtom(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						 XInternAtom(3X11)

NAME
XInternAtom, XInternAtoms, XGetAtomName, XGetAtomNames - create or return atom names SYNTAX
Atom XInternAtom(display, atom_name, only_if_exists) Display *display; char *atom_name; Bool only_if_exists; Status XInternAtoms(display, names, count, only_if_exists, atoms_return) Display *display; char **names; int count; Bool only_if_exists; Atom *atoms_return; char *XGetAtomName(display, atom) Display *display; Atom atom; Status XGetAtomNames(display, atoms, count, names_return) Display *display; Atom *atoms; int count; char **names_return; ARGUMENTS
atom Specifies the atom for the property name you want returned. atoms Specifies the array of atoms. atom_name Specifies the name associated with the atom you want returned. atoms_return Returns the atoms. count Specifies the number of atom names in the array. count Specifies the number of atoms in the array. display Specifies the connection to the X server. names Specifies the array of atom names. names_return Returns the atom names. only_if_exists Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether the atom must be created. DESCRIPTION
The XInternAtom function returns the atom identifier associated with the specified atom_name string. If only_if_exists is False, the atom is created if it does not exist. Therefore, XInternAtom can return None. If the atom name is not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent. Uppercase and lowercase matter; the strings ``thing'', ``Thing'', and ``thinG'' all designate dif- ferent atoms. The atom will remain defined even after the client's connection closes. It will become undefined only when the last connec- tion to the X server closes. XInternAtom can generate BadAlloc and BadValue errors. The XInternAtoms function returns the atom identifiers associated with the specified names. The atoms are stored in the atoms_return array supplied by the caller. Calling this function is equivalent to calling XInternAtom for each of the names in turn with the specified value of only_if_exists, but this function minimizes the number of round-trip protocol exchanges between the client and the X server. This function returns a nonzero status if atoms are returned for all of the names; otherwise, it returns zero. XInternAtoms can generate BadAlloc and BadValue errors. The XGetAtomName function returns the name associated with the specified atom. If the data returned by the server is in the Latin Portable Character Encoding, then the returned string is in the Host Portable Character Encoding. Otherwise, the result is implementation-depen- dent. To free the resulting string, call XFree. XGetAtomName can generate a BadAtom error. The XGetAtomNames function returns the names associated with the specified atoms. The names are stored in the names_return array supplied by the caller. Calling this function is equivalent to calling XGetAtomName for each of the atoms in turn, but this function minimizes the number of round-trip protocol exchanges between the client and the X server. This function returns a nonzero status if names are returned for all of the atoms; otherwise, it returns zero. XGetAtomNames can generate a BadAtom error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory. BadAtom A value for an Atom argument does not name a defined Atom. BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argu- ment, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
XFree(3X11), XGetWindowProperty(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XInternAtom(3X11)