Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep & print
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep & print Post 302245731 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 10th of October 2008 08:44:39 PM
Old 10-10-2008
this might work..
not sure as its not tested Smilie
Code:
sed -e 's/\(\*MI\)\(\*.*~\)/\2/g' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP & MySQL: sort desending and print

How do i get php to sort the times in a table and print order desending. eg: in the table i have: 02:60.00 02:70.00 02:20.00 02:50.00 in that order in a table how do i get php & mysql to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pipes & print

Hi, I need to awk some data from some text files, basic stuff, eg: awk '/phrase/ {print $1,$2,$3}' file Which will print columns 1 to 3 of all lines containing "phrase" But what if I wanted to pipe just one of the columns to a command (in my case a date converter) as in: awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonny2Vests
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between grep, egrep & grep -i

Hi All, Please i need to know the difference between grep, egrep & grep -i when used to serach through a file. My platform is SunOS 5.9 & i'm using the korn shell. Regards, - divroro12 - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that.

Hi All, Please tell me how can I Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that in solaris? Please share as I am unable to use grep -A or grep -B as it is not working on Solaris. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare & print lines with 2 requirements

1.compare 90 logs >20 print off with correct figure 2.compare latest log i.e ciscoresets_20120314 against all records not just the 90 (as above) and any lines not matching print as: NEW:SYDGRE04,10,9 1 (note this number could be 2 or whatever not necessary 1 it could be 2,3 or even 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question: How to print condition of NR & NF together.

Experts: LINE1 :This is line one The FIRST line of the file. LINE2 :This is line two LINE3 :This is line three with 8 fileds LINE4 :This is line four LINE5 :This is line five LINE6 :This is line six with 8 fileds I want to delete line 1, and then process the file and want to print lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a print filter that print text & image?

Currently, I have a print filter that takes a text file, that convert it into PCL which then gets to a HP printer. This works. Now I need to embedded a image file within the text file. I'm able to convert the image file into PCL and I can cat both files together to into a single document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print & and \n while replacing with sed/awk?

string="din&esh\nisgood" File.txt: the name is sed "s#\#${string}#g" File.txt Output am getting: the name is dinesh is good Expected output: the name is din&esh\nisgood The input string is dynamic it will be keep on changing am able to handle & by placing \& in the string.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)