Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lp -o <option> doesn't work
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers lp -o <option> doesn't work Post 302245624 by joeyg on Friday 10th of October 2008 02:24:36 PM
Old 10-10-2008
Question what is not working?

Is it giving a syntax error on the command, or is the command not changing (altering) the print option?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my ctrl+c doesn't work

it seams that my ctrl+c and my ctrl+d don't work. if I type a bunch of jiberish on a line and ctrl+c I expect the command to be cancelled and to be given a fresh prompt, but instead it just putts ^C at the end of the line. Also, ctrl+d should close the session, but instead mine just puts ^D at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop doesn't work

I have a script which uses below for loop: for (( i = 0 ; i <= 5; i++ )) do echo "Welcome $i times" done But when I run the script, it gives error message: Syntex Error : Bad for loop variable Can anyone guide to run it? Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd doesn't work! why??

# uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:54:28 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux # useradd 4141421248 useradd: invalid user name '4141421248' why??? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: If Doesn't Work in AWK

Hi! I have a somehow big file (almost 3000 lines long and thirteen columns). Some lines have no value at all or, at least, are incomplete. The columns' values that have no data are marked with a "-" and the corresponding line (the line that owns that value) should be discarded and not used. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcelo de Brit
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why my awk doesn't work?

root@SDP_Wildcat_Pass-3-C1:~# cat /proc/driver/rtc rtc_time : 05:29:40 rtc_date : 2014-12-19 alrm_time : 01:51:53 alrm_date : 2014-12-20 alarm_IRQ : no alrm_pending : no update IRQ enabled : no periodic IRQ enabled : no periodic IRQ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
eli(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    eli(8)

Name
       eli - error log initialization program

Syntax
       eli [ options ]

Description
       The command initializes error logging.  This command enables error logging of hardware and system-related error packets, or error messages,
       from the kernel errorlog buffer.  It can also disable error logging, reconfigure error logging parameters, or initialize the kernel  error-
       log buffer.

Options
       -d     Disables error logging.

-e     Enables error logging in multiuser mode.

-f     Forces the subsequent option; the system will not prompt.  This is the only command option you can use with another option.

-h     Prints information about the command.

-i     Initializes the kernel errorlog buffer.  The previous contents of the errorlog buffer are lost.

-l     Logs a one-line status message to the kernel errorlog buffer.

-n     Only supported for local error logging.  Disables logging error packets to disk by the daemon. High priority error messages continue
	      to be printed at the console.  Note that error log packets can be viewed by using the option in real time, but are never written	to
	      the disk.  For this reason, this option is rarely used.

-q     Suppresses the periodic display, on the console, of the missed error message that results from a full kernel errorlog buffer.

-r     Reconfigures error logging.  Use this option after changing the file.

-s     Enables error logging in single-user mode.

-w     Enables the missed error message to appear on the console every 15 minutes.  This option is the opposite of

Examples
       This example logs a one-line message into the errorlog file.
       eli -f -l "This is a test message"
       This example logs a message, up to and including the first new line, from the file
       eli -f -l < myfile > /dev/null

Restrictions
       You must have superuser privileges to use the command.

Only the -f option can be used with other options.  You must use the syntax shown in the examples above.

Diagnostics
       eli: Request Aborted.
       The requested action was aborted.  The reason for the aborted command is included with the output.

Files
See Also
       elcsd.conf(5), elcsd(8), uerf(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

eli(8)