Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PuTTY TITLE
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PuTTY TITLE Post 302245621 by mschwage on Friday 10th of October 2008 02:10:56 PM
Old 10-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ./hari.sh
Is it possible to set the PuTTY title to show the current hostname of the terminal opened?

I meant to say I would be rlogin between servers, that should be updated in PuTTTY title ? Smilie
Dude, just do a search for putty title. Should be a bunch of stuff, including my awesome technique...
Smilie

...Never mind, I am kind. The link is here: https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...me-path-2.html

You'll need to edit your .bashrc on all servers you log into.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Title changing

I am using SCO Open Server 5.0.6 in different machines in same building. In order to avaoid confusion I would like to give different login messages instead of 'SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5' prior to machine name. Pl. help. Praseeda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praseeda
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

putty title window?

I have implemented the solution from mschwage located in post https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/35784-change-putty-title-window.html; ie wt () { echo -n "^2;${@}^G" } This method is awesome!!!! The reason I am sending you this message is to get your assistance with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Get the Title of My Putty Window (Emulating an XTerm)

I have a Perl script that changes the terminal window title and I would like to reset it to the original value when I am done. We are using Putty which emulates xterm. We are not running X-Windows so I can't use something like xprop (can I?). I'm using XTerm control codes to change the title and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateTut
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely setting putty window title

I have successfully used a script to modify putty's window title for many years. It has worked great in a Solaris 10 environment, using, sh, bash and tcsh. But I've never been able to get it to work in linux :( The script relies on sending escape sequences via gnu echo. The version of echo on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsreyb
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change putty title name

Hello all, I have a not so unix question for you guys(or maybe it is). I use PUTTY to login to serverA (my putty title shows as serverA.domainname.com) Now from ServerA i do ssh user@ServerB (i have ssh public private key setup)... now my question is when i do ssh and logon to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl title help

my codeothers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract title

need a bit of help please i have a htmlfile in the file there is a long list of txt each line has a different title i want to extract all the titles with egrep, sed, awk, and save them to a txt.file example extract the bits in red from this <h3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
8 Replies
pnmindex(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmindex(1)

NAME
pnmindex - build a visual index of a bunch of anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmindex [-size N] [-across N] [-colors N] [-black] [-title T] [-quant|-noquant] pnmfile ... DESCRIPTION
pnmindex creates an index image containing thumbnail (small) versions of a bunch of PNM files you supply. pnmindex labels each thumbnail and, optionally, contains a title. OPTIONS
-size N The size of each thumbnail. The image is scaled to fit maximally inside a N x N pixel box without changing its aspect ratio. Default is 100. -across N The number of thumbnails in each row. Default is 6. -colors N The maximum number of colors allowed in the overall image. If it would otherwise have more colors than these, pnmindex quantizes the result. The default is 256. However, this value is meaningless if you specify the -noquant option. -black This controls the color of the padding between the images; normally it's white and the labels are black lettering on white back- ground, but the -black flag reverses this. -title title Specifies a title top place at the top of the image. Default is no title. -quant Enables quanization (to the number of colors specified by -colors ). Quantization is on by default but you can disable it with -noquant. -noquant See -quant. SEE ALSO
pnmscale(1), pnmcat(1), pbmtext(1), ppmquant(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. -title and -noquant added 2000 by John Heidemann. 9 January 1991 pnmindex(1)