Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using awk remotely
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using awk remotely Post 302245598 by avronius on Friday 10th of October 2008 12:19:32 PM
Old 10-10-2008
try this:
Code:
rsh remote-server "df -k | grep sd | grep -v boot | awk '{print $3}'"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remotely login to one from another?

NT CONSULTANT IS NEAR TOTAL UNIX NEWBIE! Please help! I would like detailed info about how to remotely connect a PC running win'98 that is not on a local network to a unix server which is locally networked to other PCs? Would like to know how to: Move files back and forth? Mount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kagor
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using CD drive remotely !

hi, could anyone tell me that how can i use a remote CD drive for installing solaris , cause my local Drive has peroblem. tell me the steps one by one. Rgrds, nikk:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement remotely

I need to rsh to many machines and run an " if statement' that checks the versions of the OS and if up to date it tee -a to a file called "uptodate"..then if not update, it tee -a to file called "notuptodate" on my machine the command that checks the version is cat /etc/version. now the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxrmroue
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely executing awk command

ssh user@machine awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 Error: Unmatched '. However on <machine> awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 executes successfully. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar remotely

I need to upload tar or zip files to a unix server than unzip or untar them remotely. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do the remote untar or unzip? For example does someone know of a cgi script or something? Thanks -jz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shutdown all systems remotely

Hi, I am a sysadmin. During long weekends i need to turn off all machines in my lab. Is it possible to shutdown systems using ip address without using ssh. i read somewhere that shutdown -m "IPADDR" may work. However it seems its a windows specific command. So my question is how do i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Set up new T5220 remotely

I have a new T5220 racked at our remote office and the guys who racked it does not know how to configure the SP on the system .. is there any way i can do it remotely ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

8. Solaris

user not connecting remotely

hi , I have created a user using useradd command in solaris 10 , when i connect to user oracle remotely from xmanager it is not connecting any idea did we have assign some extra privileges to connect remotely from xmanager. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
5 Replies

9. Solaris

SSH Remotely

Hello. I am trying to ssh and run a script from a remote computer. These computers will be both Windows and MACs. I am using Solaris 8 and what I have tried is: using putty ssh user@ip_address (remote command) /folder/folder/filename.sh The issue here is that the user profile has not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run yes/no script remotely

I have this script in server2 # cat /root/yesno.sh #!/bin/bash read -p "are you sure?" -n 1 -r if $ ]]; then echo "" echo "YES" else echo "NO" fi # sh /root/yesno.sh are you sure?y YES (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
5 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)                                           File Formats Manual                                          NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)