Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris UFS filesystem mounted on 2 hosts question Post 302245572 by vbe on Friday 10th of October 2008 11:20:11 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Before to give it a try, make sure you have a good backup...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limit of files in the ufs filesystem

Hello ! Does anyone knows which de limit of files in the ufs filesystem in the Solaris 2.6 ?? Danke, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell if a filesystem is NFS mounted?

I would like to know if there is a command or set of commands that I can run to verify that there are no 'extraneous' nfs mounted filesystems on our server. I didn't see anything in doing a search on NFS. We think that we may have some filesystems that are still nfs mounted when the link should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/ filesystem is mounted read only

how do you fsck the / filesystem? I know it does it automatically the next time I boot up following a switch on the wall shutdown but is there a flad somewhere that forces this on next boot up? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGK
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create a 2 TB UFS filesystem?

Hi, I have a 2,1 TB RAID0 Array (3- 750GB discs). I have Solaris 10 x86 installed. When I try to create a volume on this drive I receive the following error: " WARNING: /pci@0/pci8086/..../sd@6,0 (sd7) disk capacity is too large for current cbd length " I assume I can not format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

7. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

9. AIX

Filesystem Mounted at the server

Hello Gurus, Can you please suggest what is the command of all the filesystems which are mounted at the server. Thanks- Pokhraj Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Deep checking Solaris ufs filesystem

I'm prompted to start this thread following my attempt to help on this thread here (see my posts). I was proposing the OP deep checked a Solaris ufs filesystem using: # fsck -o full <filesystem node> however this option does not appear to be valid on Solaris 10. I've used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
8 Replies
MV(1)									FSF								     MV(1)

NAME
mv - move (rename) files SYNOPSIS
mv [OPTION]... SOURCE DEST mv [OPTION]... SOURCE... DIRECTORY mv [OPTION]... --target-directory=DIRECTORY SOURCE... DESCRIPTION
Rename SOURCE to DEST, or move SOURCE(s) to DIRECTORY. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. --backup[=CONTROL] make a backup of each existing destination file -b like --backup but does not accept an argument -f, --force do not prompt before overwriting equivalent to --reply=yes -i, --interactive prompt before overwrite equivalent to --reply=query --reply={yes,no,query} specify how to handle the prompt about an existing destination file --strip-trailing-slashes remove any trailing slashes from each SOURCE argument -S, --suffix=SUFFIX override the usual backup suffix --target-directory=DIRECTORY move all SOURCE arguments into DIRECTORY -u, --update move only when the SOURCE file is newer than the destination file or when the destination file is missing -v, --verbose explain what is being done --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The backup suffix is `~', unless set with --suffix or SIMPLE_BACKUP_SUFFIX. The version control method may be selected via the --backup option or through the VERSION_CONTROL environment variable. Here are the values: none, off never make backups (even if --backup is given) numbered, t make numbered backups existing, nil numbered if numbered backups exist, simple otherwise simple, never always make simple backups AUTHOR
Written by Mike Parker, David MacKenzie, and Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for mv is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and mv programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info mv should give you access to the complete manual. mv (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 MV(1)