Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris UFS filesystem mounted on 2 hosts question Post 302245572 by vbe on Friday 10th of October 2008 11:20:11 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Before to give it a try, make sure you have a good backup...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limit of files in the ufs filesystem

Hello ! Does anyone knows which de limit of files in the ufs filesystem in the Solaris 2.6 ?? Danke, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell if a filesystem is NFS mounted?

I would like to know if there is a command or set of commands that I can run to verify that there are no 'extraneous' nfs mounted filesystems on our server. I didn't see anything in doing a search on NFS. We think that we may have some filesystems that are still nfs mounted when the link should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/ filesystem is mounted read only

how do you fsck the / filesystem? I know it does it automatically the next time I boot up following a switch on the wall shutdown but is there a flad somewhere that forces this on next boot up? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGK
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create a 2 TB UFS filesystem?

Hi, I have a 2,1 TB RAID0 Array (3- 750GB discs). I have Solaris 10 x86 installed. When I try to create a volume on this drive I receive the following error: " WARNING: /pci@0/pci8086/..../sd@6,0 (sd7) disk capacity is too large for current cbd length " I assume I can not format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

7. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

9. AIX

Filesystem Mounted at the server

Hello Gurus, Can you please suggest what is the command of all the filesystems which are mounted at the server. Thanks- Pokhraj Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Deep checking Solaris ufs filesystem

I'm prompted to start this thread following my attempt to help on this thread here (see my posts). I was proposing the OP deep checked a Solaris ufs filesystem using: # fsck -o full <filesystem node> however this option does not appear to be valid on Solaris 10. I've used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
8 Replies