Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Static IP getting changed after 24 hours Post 302245526 by zaxxon on Friday 10th of October 2008 09:58:32 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Np Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Static IP

Is it possible, and if so, how can I assign a static IP address to my RedHat 8.0 machine. I am using a Linksys router/switch with DHCP enabled. I have a small linux/windows2000 LAN at home. I want to assign a static IP so that I can setup port forwarding to my linux machine so that I can ssh into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. Programming

Static

What does this command exactly do cc -static example.c (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list files between last 6 hours to 3 hours

Hi Frens, I want to list some files from a directory, which contains "DONE" in their name, i am receiving files every minute. In this i want to list all the files which are newer than 6 hours but older than 3 hours, of current time i dont want my list to contain the latest files which are ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

5. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

6. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris static IP changed (non DHCP)

We have 2 solaris 10 t5240 servers with static IP addresses on nxge0 I/F which were rebooted a few days back with a known good config that has been in place for years (for /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.nxge0, /etc/netmasks, etc) They are not using dhcp. About the same time today, both of their... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdatontodo
7 Replies
dhcpparm(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       dhcpparm(8)

NAME
dhcpparm - Daemon for client configuration SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dhcpparm [-i interface] tag | symbol | name OPTIONS
Use this option on hardware that has two or more interfaces configurable by the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and for a parameter that is interface specific. When no interface is specified, the client daemon returns the name of the first interface it finds on which DHCP has successfully completed: the value(s) displayed will be those of the configuration received on that interface. DESCRIPTION
The dhcpparm command displays the value(s) of the parameter requested on the command line as supplied by the DHCP protocol. If the DHCP parameter implies more than one value (for example, a list of gateways), the values are displayed separated by newline characters. The parameter may be identified either by its numeric value in the DHCP protocol, by its two character symbol, or by its long name. The dhcp- parm command is intended to be used in command substitutions in the shell scripts invoked by init at system boot. It first contacts the DHCP client daemon (joinc) to verify that DHCP has successfully completed. When the -i option specifies a particular interface, the daemon verifies successful DHCP configuration of that interface; otherwise, the client verifies that at least one interface is successfully con- figured, and supplies the name of that interface to dhcpparm. Parameter values echoed by dhcpparm should not be used without checking exit status. See the EXIT STATUS section below. RESTRICTIONS
A cluster member should never be a DHCP client; it should always use static addressing. If a cluster is to support a DHCP server, there can only be one DHCP server for all the cluster members using a common database with failover. If a cluster is to support a DHCP server, there can only be one DHCP server for all the cluster members using a common database with failover. DHCP client is not supported on dataless clients. SYMBOLS
See dhcptags(4) for the list of two letter symbol codes and names of all DHCP parameters. See RFC 1533 for more detail. EXIT STATUS
Exit codes are as follows: Success. DHCP was not successful. The DHCP client daemon may not be running, the interface might have failed to configure, or no satisfactory DHCP responses were received. Bad arguments. A timer was set and the interface had not configured before it expired. Can only be run as root. Some system error (should never occur). SEE ALSO
Commands: dhcpconf(8), joinc(8), showdhc(8), shleases(8) Files: client.pcy(4), dhcptags(4) RFC1533 dhcpparm(8)