Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help: find and modified files script Post 302245500 by tarunicon on Friday 10th of October 2008 09:09:52 AM
Old 10-10-2008
help

guys it would be awesome ..if some one can guide me ...what should i do....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

find files modified in a specific month

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omer_ome
1 Replies

2. Solaris

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out 2 last modified files in a folder..PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!

hi all, I need to find out the last 2 modified files in a folder.There is some way by which,we can check the timestamp and find out..??please help this is urgent. Thanks in Advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files modified more than a day

Hi All, I am using the below command to check the files modified within last 24hours find /home/karthik -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; What parameter do i need to add in the above command to check the files modified in last 2 or 3 days Kindly let me know if any other alternative... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find the modified files before 60 mins?

hi, I need to find all the modified files before 60 minutes in a folder. Is that possible to find using mtime in minutes? Suggestions please. Thanks for looking into it... Geetha (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last modified date for many files

Hello all - I've looked and have not been able to find a "find" command that will list the last modified date of files within a specific directory and its subdirectories. If anyone knows of such a command it would be very much appreciated! If possible, I would like to sort this output and have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelH3947
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files modified by hours instead of minutes

Is there an easy way to find files modified by hours? If you wanted to find something modified by like 28 hours then I know you could do this: find . -mmin -1440It is pain to break out a calculator and calculate in minutes. Could you do something similar to this? I know I don't have the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files modified for a given day ?

find list of files modified for a given day ? if i have 10 files in my directory, i have modified only 5 ... how to display only modified files ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: only4satish
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files modified in previous minute only

Hi, How can I get files which are modified only in last minute ? it should not display 2 minutes back filels -la -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 51 Dec 3 09:22 a.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stiser st 50 Dec 3 09:25 b.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 53 Dec 3 09:33 c.csv When I run command at 9:34am then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
7 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)