Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting : No such file or directory while executing a shell script Post 302245485 by ananthi_ku on Friday 10th of October 2008 08:37:11 AM
Old 10-10-2008
sorry i couldnt get u Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing script's directory

I have a shell script /home/user1/bin/sh1, how can I print out the directory of this file inside the script. Say I am in /home/user1/, then I run /home/user1/bin/sh1 I need it to print out /home/user1/bin. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasony001
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Multiple .SQL Files from Single Shell Script file

Hi, Please help me out. I have around 700 sql files to execute in a defined order, how can i do it from shell script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get the directory of my executing script?

hi, I tried whence $0, but that just gives me the filename relative to where I am executing the script from. I need to get the full pathname. thanks (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
19 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script - (file and directory)

The question is here: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8217767191_2154e64904_b.jpg My problem is that when I made up a non-existing directory, it prints out "hiii". It didn't enter the first if statement. It works if my directory exist. My Work: for fileOrDirectory in $* # all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spider-man
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Continuous File Reading-Executing Shell Script

I need to write something that will read and execute all the files(Mainly executable scripts) inside one or more folders; in other words, a continuous chain with a break when finished. I'm new to shell and need syntax help. I'm on Ubuntu 12.10-Gnome btw. Here are some main highlights I think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxlololol
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting-I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory

I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory. If it finds a file in directory, it should search for few specific keyword in the file. if the keyword exists, it should trim string from specific column. The file should be moved to another directory and the a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the function of the following lines at the top of a shell script file: Directory and Script?

The file starts like this: Directory: <path to the script> Script: <script fife name> #!bin/ksh ##Comments <actual script> What is the use of the first two lines in the script? What if I save the file without them? What will be the effect? They are not comments. Im very new to this,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: remytom
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling and Executing a Java File With a Shell Script

I'm trying to use a shell script to compile and execute a java file. The java classes are using sockets, so there is a client.java file and a server.java file, each with their own shell script. I also want to handle the command line arguments within the shell script, not the java classes. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: britty4
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
IPMIPING(8)							  System Commands						       IPMIPING(8)

NAME
ipmiping - send IPMI Get Authentication Capabilitiy request to network hosts SYNOPSIS
ipmiping [OPTION...] destination DESCRIPTION
ipmiping uses the IPMI Get Channel Authentication Capabilities request datagram to elicit an IPMI Get Channel Authentication Capabilitiesl response from a remote host. The utility can be used to verify if a remote host supports IPMI. The initial starting sequence number will be randomized. ipmiping will return 0 to the environment if it receives atleast 1 response from the remote host. Otherwise, it exists with a value of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are available -h Output help menu. -V Output version. -c count Stop after sending count packets. -i interval Wait interval seconds between sending each packet. The default is to wait for one second between each packet. -I interface address Set source address to specified interface address. Argument may be numeric IP address or name of device. -t timeout Time to wait for a response, in seconds. Default is five seconds. -v Verbose output. -s num Specify an initial starting sequence number. The default is to use a random initial sequence number. -d Turn on debugging. -r version Specify IPMI version. Available options are "1.5" and "2.0". Default is to use "1.5". Note that packets will always be sent with the IPMI 1.5 protocol, but IPMI 1.5 vs IPMI 2.0 relevant fields will be communicated in the Get Channel Authentication Capabilities datagram depending on user choice. KNOWN ISSUES
It has been observed that some remote BMCs can get "confused" and delay packet responses if duplicate packets (with duplicate sequence num- bers) are sent in succession very quickly. There is no known way to cleanly deal with a "confused" BMC other than the wait awhile. Unlike ping(8), local network devicess (e.g. 127.0.0.1) cannot be "pinged". REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2003-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. ORIGIN
Command and manpage based off ping(8). SEE ALSO
freeipmi(7), ping(8), rmcpping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ ipmiping 1.1.5 2012-06-15 IPMIPING(8)