Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with expect.
Operating Systems AIX Problem with expect. Post 302245474 by shockneck on Friday 10th of October 2008 07:31:18 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Do you see the password (in the process list?) when logging into the target server or when scp'ing the logfile from target server back to source server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

problem with expect eof

hi guys i have such simple script, which i'm executing on AIX 5.3 #!/usr/local/bin/expect spawn passwd exptest set password 123 expect "*password:*" send "$password\r" expect "*password again:*" send "$password\r" expect eof the output is following: spawn passwd exptest sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script problem

Hello all you scripting Gurus, I have an expect script that gets called from an AppleScript Studio app that basically takes arguments for user name, password, and server address and then calls rsync. Everything works wonderfully, EXCEPT (there had to be one of those) if the user name starts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdyck
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange expect problem

Hi I'm writing a script which calls an expect script to retrieve configuration files for network devices. I want to avoid using TFTP to transfer the configs if possible and so I'm redirecting the screen output to a text file. This is the expect script: #!/usr/local/bin/expect set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant1815
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp expect timeout problem

hello All, I am doing SFTP using expect. We just change our server from sun solaris 8 to sun solaris 10. The script was working good on sun solaris 8. But it is giving problem on 10. from shell, SFTP is working fine.Please help me. What can be the problem. LIB_sftp_get() { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect problem

hi all, guys i have a problem in this code... any help ? #!/usr/bin/expect if { $argc != 3 } { puts "Usage:" puts "$argv0 username oldpwd newpwd" exit } #set machine set username set oldpwd set newpwd set completed_list " " (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1sh0p
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in Expect

Hi Im writing an expect program for automating ftp. Having trouble with mget: expect "ftp>" {send "mget *.txt\r"} expect "mget*?" {send "n\r" ; expect_continue} expect "ftp>" {send "bye\r"} But expect even on ftp prompt "n" gets sent Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackle1985
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script problem

Hi, Have strange problem. When I run an expect script towards a switch, it will not work. $ ./test2 spawn ssh admin@sesafdd101 Password: Last login: Thu Dec 25 13:20:54 2008 from 172.20.96.14 ECN430/330/212 Linux, based on Wind River Linux glibc_small (standard) 2.0 Trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etxnreg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with expect

i have written simple expect script but it doesnt work the way that i want can someone suggest wat is the issue? #!/usr/bin/expect spawn ssh abc@abc expect "password:" send "xyz\r" expect "$" send "mkdir hello\r" #sleep 10 #exit 0 output --------------- it does not create directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkumar82
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with expect script

expect { -re "(.*)NEXT PAGE(.*)" { send "\r\n" } exp_continue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash expect problem

Hey there :) I have a Bash Script and I'm trying to update Roundcube, but theres a user interactive line like: bin/installto.sh /var/www/mail/rc Upgrading from 1.1.3. Do you want to continue? (y/N) I'm trying to avoid this user interaction like this: cd roundcubemail-1.2.1 >/dev/null... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aeris
5 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)