Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menu help with array selection Post 302245464 by draco on Friday 10th of October 2008 07:13:11 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Menu help with array selection

Hi there all

I got the following
I got multiple arrays named for example
STAT_AAAA
STAT_AAAB
STAT_AAAC
STAT_AAAD

Now what I want I have chosen an option in a menu to select 1
but I dont want to write for all the same thing so I made it a signle one
now what I want is to get
STAT_ and than the selected one
How is this done?
so example
${STAT_AAAA} AAAA should be able to change by selection..
I got AAAA and AAAB also in a variable.
${STAT_ *Variablename*[2]}
how can this be done?
Many thanx in advance! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array and Selection

I have a question: Y X Tabel a is a array multidimensional --> a(1024,20) I load in to array a Text from 6000 row where: in a(1,1) is present the row 1 of original text, in a(1024,1) is present then row 1024 of original test and in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
4 Replies

2. Linux

Opt out of selection menu?

When I logon to my server with PuTTY I am forced into a selection menu with few options. How to I opt out of this menu to get to the home directory to view all of the files on the server? Thanks for the help. :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksirimarco
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input A Menu Selection In A Variable

hey all, me again....having a problem with my code, where I essentially am trying to show a menu, have the user select an option (from 1 to 5), then display which selection they picked... #!/bin/bash # A LIST OF THE ERROR MESSAGES AND THE PROPER SYNTAX: error_0="Correct amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reprint the select menu after a selection

Hi, I am using a select in ksh for a script #!/bin/ksh FIRSTLIST='one two three four quit' PS3='Please select a number: ' select i in $FIRSTLIST ; do case $i in one) print 'this is one' ;; two) print 'this is 2' ;; three) print 'this is 3' ;; four) print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omerzzz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A selection menu in a shell script

I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear Command 1-choice 2- choice 3-choice Thanks Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic menu selection? Help..

Hi guys, i would like to create a program that allow user to show the information of certain thing such as network card. I would like the menu to be dynamic, for example: my computer system have 2 network card inserted at the moment, therefore the menu will have 2 choice for the user. eth0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog --menu limitation for the entries for selection

Hi Guys, Please pardon me if this is a silly question, but I have tried to find an answer and going through the man page and failed to get one. I have created a menu driven script with dialog --menu option. Everything is working as expeted, however, it seems that if I have more than 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ww889
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog menu with array

Hi I'm currently making a schoolproject and I'm stuck with reading an array into the possible options of a menu dialog. What I mean is: I've put some values into an array, I want all these values from the array to be possible to be selected in the menu. Please help :) I'm programming in Debian... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dan007255
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog menu with array

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi I'm currently making a schoolproject and I'm stuck with reading an array into the possible options of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dan007255
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selection from array

Hi, I need some help taking a selection from a command and adding part of the output to an array. I'd like to read the items into the array, have the user chose an option from the array and put the item from column 1 into a variable. The command is: awless -l list routetables --columns... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bignellrp
7 Replies
menu_post(3X)															     menu_post(3X)

NAME
menu_post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. menu_post(3X)