Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove extra spaces in a line Post 302245454 by vikas027 on Friday 10th of October 2008 06:46:23 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
One way:
Code:
sed -e 's/Message Text :  [ \t]+/Message Text : /'

Didn't worked, file remains unchanged.

Any other way ?
Regards,
VIKAS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces in unix

Hi... I am quite new to Unix and would like an issue to be resolved. I have a file in the format below; 4,Reclaim,ECXTEST02,abc123,Harry Potter,5432 6730 0327 5469,0603,,MC,,1200,EUR,sho-001,,1,,,abc123,1223 I would like my output to be as follows; 4,Reclaim,ECXTEST02,abc123,Harry... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sho
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove leading spaces from a line

Hi friends I need some help, I have a file which looks as follows TEMP 014637065 014637065 517502 517502 RTE 517502 517502 RTE AWATER_TEST 12325 23563 588323 2323 5656 32385 23235635 ANOTHER_TEST 12 5433 FTHH 5653 833 TEST 123 123 3235 5353 353 53 35 353 535 3 YTERS GJK JKLS ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijojoseph
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove trailing spaces from a line

I want to remove the trailing spaces from any line of file. line ending does not follow any pattern. plz help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove extra spaces between fields

Hi, I have a source file as mentioned below: I want to remove all the extra spaces between the fields. a b--------|sa df-------|3232---|3 sf sa------|afs sdf-----|43-----|33 a b c------|adfsa dsf---|23-32|23 *Here '-' idicates spaces Now, I want output as below: a b|sa df|3232|3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove extra spaces from a string??

Hi, I have a string like this and i want to remove extra spaces that exists between the words. Here is the sentence. $string="The small DNA genome of hepadnaviruses is replicated by reverse transcription via an RNA intermediate. This RNA "pregenome" contains ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove of extra spaces from the trailing

HI, I need the help from the experts like I have created one file with text like: a b c d e f g h i j k l So my question is that i have to write the script in which like in the first sentence it will take only one space after d and remove all the extra space in the end.I dont... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanudhingra
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line breaks and extra spaces between patterns

Hi, if in between strings "<section" and "</section>" across multiple lines there occurs the string "ole-present", delete all line breaks and replace any tabs or multiple spaces with a single space. Looking for an AWK or SED solution. Thank you. <section ... status = "ole-present" ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces at the end of each line in a file

I have a file of about 10k records and eace line is having an extra space of 5 byte at the end.. Iwant to remove the extra spaces at the end of each line.. Can someone please help me out.. I tried using sed command and its not working... can someone please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammohan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove spaces on a line?

Hi, suppose I have the following data: albert music=top40 age=20 bob music=punk rock age=25 candy music=r n b age=22 dave music=mozart or bach only age=30 I want to extract and manipulate the music column but it's got spaces in it. How can I substitute the space with an underscore... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: almonds
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove line breaks and extra spaces

Hi, I want to remove all extra spaces, line breaks . Need a new line entry only for term starting"array" For eg: my input is array(), array(), array(), and my expected output is array(), array(), array(), Is it possible using awk? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsi.245
5 Replies
MicroMason::QuickTemplate(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    MicroMason::QuickTemplate(3pm)

NAME
Text::MicroMason::QuickTemplate - Alternate Syntax like Text::QuickTemplate SYNOPSIS
Instead of using this class directly, pass its name to be mixed in: use Text::MicroMason; my $mason = Text::MicroMason::Base->new( -QuickTemplate ); Use the standard compile and execute methods to parse and evalute templates: print $mason->compile( text=>$template )->( @%args ); print $mason->execute( text=>$template, @args ); Or use Text::QuickTemplate's calling conventions: $template = Text::MicroMason->new( -HTMLTemplate, text=>'simple.tmpl' ); print $template->fill( %arguments ); Text::QuickTemplate provides a syntax to embed values into a text template: Good {{timeofday}}, {{name}}! DESCRIPTION
This mixin class overrides several methods to allow MicroMason to emulate the template syntax and some of the other features of Text::QuickTemplate. This class automatically includes the following other mixins: TemplateDir, HasParams, and StoreOne. Compatibility with Text::QuickTemplate This is not a drop-in replacement for Text::QuickTemplate, as the implementation is quite different, but it should be able to process most existing templates without major changes. The following features of EmbPerl syntax are supported: o Curly bracketed tags with parameter names. o Array of parameters hashes. o Special $DONTSET variable. SEE ALSO
The interface being emulated is described in Text::QuickTemplate. For an overview of this templating framework, see Text::MicroMason. This is a mixin class intended for use with Text::MicroMason::Base. For distribution, installation, support, copyright and license information, see Text::MicroMason::Docs::ReadMe. perl v5.10.1 2007-01-29 MicroMason::QuickTemplate(3pm)