Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Colloring Status of process or package Post 302245412 by draco on Friday 10th of October 2008 04:45:08 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Colloring Status of process or package

Hi there all again,

I am building a menu script for viewing packages and deamons and printers and all..

I know how to collor text to red or green.
But I get my results from status and put it in a array.
How can I change a result that is standing in a array to build collor around it.
For example

STATE_XCFA[1] can be UP or DOWN
If it is UP I want it to be green and if it is DOWN i want it to be red.

Example so you see where I'm getting at.
Echo "STATUS: ${STATE_XCFA[1]} | STATE: ${STATE_XCFA[2]} | NODE: ${STATE_XCFA[4]}|\n"

Should show as follow

Or

Thanx people!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Process status display

On AIX 5.2, I use "ps -ef " command to display the process status, the field of command looks like: , the detailed contents are: # ps -ef |grep rtesfmrt Display: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 The origianl format shoud be: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting status of a signal in process?

Hi all, How can a process be aware of the signals it handles. I looked at available signal API, but couldn't find any help. If a process defines it own handler for a signal, the default handler for that signal becomes overridden. I am interested in getting to know the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluehive
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List Process with their Status.

Hi all, How can I get the list of all the processes that are either Orphan or Zombie or Running or Ended or Stopped ? Please suggest !! Thanks. Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

4. Programming

process status

hello everybody!! i want to post a question! is there any way to get process status using C commands? To be more specific, i want to know whether a process is running or is stop or killed. thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Status of a Linux process

All, I have fair amount of knowledge about shell scripting, but only liitle on system administration. I would like to know how to analyze whether the particular linux process is alive or not ? If it is alive, will it affect the performace of other process ?. Also is it still consuming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check the process Status and do something

Hi we have weblogic deployed under Linux Enterprise 5 . Now i want to write a script that checks if weblogic is running or not I have found that weblogic uses Java as process . Can i do this way : my Script File : Echo Checking Status if then echo Server Running else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the process status

Hi, I have a cron job which runs every ten minutes, now i hav to check the process whether it is running or not only once and then this should be sent to a log file.. crontab : 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * a process check ps = 'ps -ef |grep a ' if then echo " Success" >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

8. AIX

List running services, Package name and status on AIX.

Hi, How can I list running services, corresponding package name and status on the AIX host? On Linux (Centos), I use the below code snippet:- for i in `chkconfig --list | awk '{ print $1}'`; do status=`/sbin/service $i status` packagename=`rpm -qf /etc/init.d/$i` done Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check status of process

Hi All, Have a query How to check for a process and if down start it , try if for 2 times and its not starting don't do it My code is working to some extent but while starting try starting both times. Please advise , whats wrong here ? if you have any other approach please do share. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
1 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)