Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help needed for multiline comment deleting script Post 302245411 by danmero on Friday 10th of October 2008 04:40:26 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Please edit your post and use code tags [code] to for code and sample data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block Comment in Shell script

how to put multiline comments in a shell script like /* Some code */ in C language? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in deleting the files

Hi, I wanted to check whether any files are available under the path /usr/app/logs/. If the files are available under this path then i have to delete all the files except the files system.log, system.log.1, system.log.2 and sub folders under this path Can any one please help me on this? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls comment on my script.

Hi guys, hope you scripting gurus here can help me out, the logic in my script somehow not working the way it should, this script part of a bigger backup script suppose to do some checking on the cluster prior to bringing up the package on MC/SG after backend cloning operation, this portion is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for deleting the files.

Hi guys i m trying to delete some files from one of the share which is mounted on my machine. but whenever i do that it says access denied. I m logged in as a root for my machine. below is the output for those two file. mount command for mounting the shares. mount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline parenthesis matching, with e.g. SED script, in LaTeX doc

In a LaTeX manuscript, I need to replace many occurrences of \emph{some string} with some string, i.e. whatever string is inside. The string inside often may extend over several lines, and there may be other occurences of curly brackets inside it. So for example \emph{this \it{is} a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sune
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiline comment in shell script

Is thery any way to give comment to multiple line without explicitly specifying # at the begining of each line ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to comment some code via script

Hi, I am writing a shell script, which should comment a if-fi loop in a file. From google i found that, we can use below qualifier to comment a section of code, :<<COMMENT COMMENT But i could not place these keywords before and after if-fi loop. Any help would be appreciated. Finally the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: successlin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to ignore multiline comment from a file while reading it

Hi friends , I want to ignore single and multiline comment( enclosed by " \* *\" ) of a file whle reading it. I am using the below code. nawk '/\/\*/{f=1} /\*\//{f=0;next} !f' proc.txt | while read str do ... done The problem is its working partially. that is its failing in one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiline csv cell through shell script?

Hi, I have a text like the one given below status="Observation 1" read1="Source rows not load" read2="Score drop" I want to create a csv and mail it out in such a way that all three lines will be in a single cell but as three lines. For ex Col C1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiline html tag parse shell script

Hello, I want to parse the contents of a multiline html tag ex: <html> <body> <p>some other text</p> <div> <p class="margin-bottom-0"> text1 <br> text2 <br> <br> text3 </p> </div> </body> (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SorcRR
15 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)