Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix? Post 302245325 by shuhang2 on Friday 10th of October 2008 12:31:18 AM
Old 10-10-2008
How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix?

How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Got connected with Modem but cannot dial Telephone no. to connect to host

Hello There, I configure my Modem as follow. Step1. # admintool & Then from Browse --> Serial Port i select tta port and Edit --> Modify From that i select Template : Modem:Dial Out Baud Rate: 9600 Ok Step 2 # tip /dev/cua/a connected (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

determine number of xterm connected

i more than one hp-ux 11.0 application server. some of these application server has an xterminal attached to them. ncd900 and ncd400. i would like to know how many xterm is connected to an application server. without physically checking each xterm, can i identify how many xterm? thanks alot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
0 Replies

3. AIX

HMC and Unix Box not connected

Hi There, I'm new here and this is my first (of many ;) ) problems. I've got AIX 5.3 on our unix box and i'm trying to do a DLPAR memory change, but then I ok it I get an error telling me that there is no RMC connection. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sharing internet from host os to guest os

I have a host os Windows 7 ultimate in place where virtual box is installed. Now in virtual box I have installed solaris 10. There is internet connection present in host windows 7 still I am not able to access internet in solaris 10. Please help to configure solaris so that internet can be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Non Internet connected distribution

Hi all I've been a Debian user since solidly since about 1997 so I'm fairly experienced Linux user as a whole but unfortunately the monoculture has hit be hard recently. I'm working off a Laptop a lot of the time which spends up to 2-4 weeks without an Internet connection. A few weeks ago it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pointyhat
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network?

how does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network? Example: My PC has ip 192.168.134.100 Router has ip 192.168.134.200 My company's ip 202.52.150.33 When i try to access internet, say google, it traverses from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix server to Hard-drive connected on the machine

Hi, I have an external hard drive connected to my iMac. I am logged into a Linux_x86_64 server. Now, if I want to download files directly to the hard drive, is there a way to do it. Currently, I am chasing cyberduck to download content to the hard drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ways to quickly check if you are connected to the internet while on an internal network

I need some help thinking of ways to quickly check if I am connected to the internet while on an internal network. I never lose connection to the internal network but for some annoying reason I lose the internet quite often. I don't get any errors or warnings. I usually find out that I have lost my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connected to the internet with no network process

This is what I did. $ ps -ef | grep -i networkroot 6657 1 0 12:55 ? 00:00:01 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager bob 7251 7212 0 13:24 pts/3 00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i $ sudo kill -9 6657 password for bob: $ ping -c 5 google.com PING google.com (74.125.229.160)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connected time on UNIX

Hello, A question please. Could anyone tell me how to know the connected time for a user on unix ? I'd need to know this information for several days. Is there a command to get it ? Thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
9 Replies
htons(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  htons(3)

NAME
htons - Converts an unsigned short (16-bit) integer from host byte order to network byte order LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <arpa/inet.h> in_port_t htons ( in_port_t hostshort) ; STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: htons(): XNS4.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies a 16-bit integer in host byte order. DESCRIPTION
The htons() (host-to-network short) function converts an unsigned short (16-bit) integer from host byte order to Internet network-byte order. The Internet network requires address and port reference data in network-byte order. Use the htons() function to convert address and port short integers from host byte order to Internet network-byte order. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the htons() function returns a 16-bit short integer in Internet network-byte order. ERRORS
Current industry standards do not define error values for the htons() function. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: endhostent(3), endservent(3), htonl(3), ntohl(3), ntohs(3). Standards: standards(5). Network Programmer's Guide delim off htons(3)