Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris need help on containers/zones Post 302245274 by avronius on Thursday 9th of October 2008 05:42:16 PM
Old 10-09-2008
What type of maintenance issues do you have?

Moving them into a container might not resolve your issues, instead making your environment more complex...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Clustering Solaris Zones/Containers

Hello everyone. I'm working on a fairly large project at my company and have been looking for some guidance. I just happened to stumble on this forum when looking for help with Solaris, so I'm hoping that you all won't mind me bothering you with my questions. :) Anyway, here goes. Is it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouphaz
8 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris containers/zones reboot order

Hi, I'm running containers/zones on Solaris 10: SunOS be2900 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 zoneadm list -vc gives: ID NAME STATUS PATH 0 global running / 1 bvsmapp01 running /zones/bvsmapp01 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Containers

While installing a Solaris 8 zone to a Solaris container I received this message. Anyone have this problem? Patchadd is terminating. Postprocess: Applying p2v module S31_fix_net Postprocess: Applying p2v module S32_fix_nfs Postprocess: Applying p2v module S33_fix_vfstab ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cornsnap
1 Replies

4. Solaris

difference between zones and containers

Hi Expects, Can broadly explain difference between Zones and containers. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Looking for equivalent of Solaris containers/zones in RHEL7 Linux

Hi, I come from a legacy Solaris background with lots of experience with Solaris Containers/zones that we use for network and process isolation from each other. Currently we have a RHEL7 Linux VM running on VMWare, but we would like to segment that VM with some form of containers and achieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
1 Replies
timod(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						  timod(7)

NAME
timod - STREAMS module for converting ioctl() calls into TI messages DESCRIPTION
The timod module is a STREAMS module that converts ioctl() calls from a transport user supporting the Transport Interface (TI) into mes- sages that a transport protocol provider supporting TI can consume. This allows the user to initiate TI functions as atomic operations. The user places and removes the timod module on a device stream by calling the STREAMS I_PUSH ioctl() and I_POP ioctl() functions. The timod module recognizes and processes STREAMS messages generated by I_STR ioctl() calls containing the following TI commands: This TI command binds an address to the transport protocol provider. The STREAMS message that the module issues to the TI_BIND ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI message type T_BIND_REQ. The STREAMS message that the module returns in response to the successful completion of the TI_BIND ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI message type TI_BIND_ACK. This TI command unbinds an address from the transport protocol provider. The STREAMS message that the module issues to the TI_UNBIND ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI message type T_UNBIND_REQ. The STREAMS message that the module returns in response to the successful completion of the TI_UNBIND ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI mes- sage type TI_OK_ACK. This TI command gets the TI protocol-specific information from the transport protocol provider. The STREAMS message that the module issues to the TI_GETINFO ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI message type T_INFO_REQ. The STREAMS message that the module returns in response to the successful completion of the TI_GETINFO ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI message type TI_INFO_ACK. This TI command gets, sets, or negotiates TI protocol-specific options with the transport protocol provider. The STREAMS message that the module issues to the TI_OPTMGMT ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI message type T_OPTMGMT_REQ. The STREAMS message that the module returns in response to the successful completion of the TI_OPTMGMT ioctl() call is equivalent to the TI message type TI_OPTMGMT_ACK. The timod module transparently passes any STREAMS messages that are not generated by the ioctl() calls previously described to the neigh- boring module or driver. RETURN VALUES If the timod module returns an error for an ioctl() call, the lower 8 bits of the return value will be one of the TI error codes defined in the sys/tiusr.h header file. If the TI error is of the type TSYERR, then the second 8 bits of the return value will contain an error as defined in the sys/errno.h header file. FILES
Defines the error codes for TI functions. Defines the message types for TI. Defines the error codes for system errors. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: intro(2), ioctl(2) Interfaces: streamio(7) delim off timod(7)