Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue installing linux
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Issue installing linux Post 302245133 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 9th of October 2008 11:53:13 AM
Old 10-09-2008
a very simple linux is ubuntu... but it is also debian based... maybe gentoo is a good option for you (but not an easy one!).

good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issue while installing a Application on AIX

All, I am trying to install a application called Microstrategy on AIX 5.1 box.This is the first time I am working on AIX.The installation fails after some 10% complete.Given below is the text from the installation log file.Do any one of you have any idea what might be the problem? (Jan 19,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apu78
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with installing solaris 10 OS on sparc 5

Rebooting with command: boot cdrom -s Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args: -s Evaluating: boot cdrom -s Can't open boot device If any one knows please advise. I have changed the CDrom but it did not help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ark
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with installing GCC on Darwin - Trying not to freak out

The learning curve with UNIX is a bit steep and devastatingly humbling. Anywho, I need GCC so that I can install the software that I actually need and am terribly stuck. When I attempt to configure gcc I get the following error: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffish
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

5. AIX

Issue with installing rpm in AIX 6.1

I am trying to install an rpm : libiconv-1.14-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm which is a dependency to install GIT. While I gave the command I got the foll message: root:user-> $ rpm -i -v libiconv-1.14-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm libiconv-1.14-1 ar: Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Issue while installing antivirus

I downloaded a trial version Kaspersky PURE 3.0.13.0.2.558 While installing it was showing a message that :" The foll. is a problem for proper working of this antivurus Norton Internet ..../ Norton Anti-virus / Norton ...." The message was something like this. I searched for Norton in "search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Issue w/manually installing OpenSSL 1.0.1j

My Redhat Enterprise 5 system is vulnerable to POODLE and there does not seem to be a Redhat fix coming down the pipe. So I have downloaded OpenSSL 1.0.1j from source and built it. My question is ho do I make sure the Apache and Tomcat use the1.0.1j version and not the distro version. Thanks,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 issue installing libraries

Solaris 10 sparc - currently trying to install gpg, first trying to install the pre-requisite libraries. Facing errors installing some of the libraries, same error being faced with each. The configure command passes successfully for each but when running make command errors such as below are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue in installing expect and Tcl

Hi I need to install expect in redhat. through net I came to know that I must install tcl too in order to make expect work. I have downloaded both packages but not able to install # ls -lrt total 3720 18:33 tcl8.4.20-src.tar.gz 18:33 expect5.45.3.tar.gz 18:40 expect5.45.3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies

10. AIX

Strange issue installing Java 8

I just intalled java8_64.jre and .sdk respectively installp -agXYd . Java8_64.jre Java8_64.sdk 2>&1 | tee installp.log Worked like a champ. Now I see this-- jeff@server:/usr> ls -l | grep java drwxr-xr-x 9 bin bin 512 Sep 22 2010 java14 drwxr-xr-x 7 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
import-bug-from-debian(1)				      General Commands Manual					 import-bug-from-debian(1)

NAME
import-bug-from-debian - Import bugs from Debian's BTS, and file them against Ubuntu in LP. SYNOPSIS
import-bug-from-debian [options] bug... import-bug-from-debian -h DESCRIPTION
import-bug-from-debian clones bugs from Debian's BTS into Launchpad. Each bug listed on the command line has its initial report re-filed against the same source package in Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bug is linked back to its Debian counterpart. Each bug may be provided either as a bug number or URL. OPTIONS
-b, --browserless Don't open the bug in a browser at the end. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE Launchpad package to file bug against, if not the same source package name as Debian. Useful for importing removal bugs filed against ftp.debian.org. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. IMPORT_BUG_FROM_DEBIAN_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. SEE ALSO
ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
import-bug-from-debian was written by James Westby <james.westby@ubuntu.com>, and this manual page was written by Stefano Rivera <ste- fanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools September 21 2010 import-bug-from-debian(1)