Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help xml
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help xml Post 302245049 by uwork72 on Thursday 9th of October 2008 08:16:47 AM
Old 10-09-2008
cfajohnson, that worked perfectly fine for me. Thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
cvmkfile(1)                                                        cvmkfile(1)

NAME
cvmkfile - Create a pre-allocated file SYNOPSIS
cvmkfile [-k <key>] [-p] [-s] [-w] [-z] <size>[k|m|g] <filename> DESCRIPTION
cvmkfile can be used to pre-allocate a file on the Xsan volume. This is useful and preferable when preparing a file for use in a real-time or streaming environment as the entire file is represented in only one file system extent. Additionally, a file can be placed onto a specific storage pool by specifying the <key> value, which is used as the affin- ity locator. See cvfs_config(4) for more details about affinities. USAGE
The -k <key> optionally tells the file system where to place the data file. If an Affinity Key is specified, the file is placed on storage pools that are specified to support this key. If there is no storage pool with the key specified, then the file is placed in non-exclusive data pools. If there are no non-exclusive data pools, then ENOSPC (no space) is returned. The -p option forces the allocation and any subsequent expansions to be fitted "perfectly" as multiples of the InodeExpandMin configuration parameter. The allocation extent will always line up on and be a per- fect multiple of the blocks specified in InodeExpandMin. The -s option forces the allocation to line up on the beginning block modulus of the storage pool. This can help performance in situations where the I/O size perfectly spans the width of the storage pool's disks. The -w option sets the file size to be equal to <size>. Without this option the blocks are allocated but the size is set to zero. NOTE: Unless the -z option is used, the new file will contain undefined data. Using the -w option is not recommended unless absolutely needed. The -z option causes the file to be physically zeroed out. This can take a significant amount of time. The <size> argument specifies the number of bytes, kilobytes(k), megabytes(m) or gigabytes(g) to allocate for the file. There is no guarantee that all requested space will be allocated. If there is insufficient contiguous available space to satisfy the requested amount then a "best effort" will be performed. In this case a success value is returned even though not all of the requested amount is allocated to the file. Even though the allocation may not be fully satisfied, if the -w option is specified then the file size will still reflect the requested <size> value. EXAMPLES
Make a file of one gigabyte with zero length. Allocate it on a storage pool that favors the media type 6100_n8. rock # cvmkfile -k 6100_n8 1g foobar SEE ALSO
cvfs_config(4), cvmkdir(1) Xsan File System December 2005 cvmkfile(1)