Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port 143 doesn't work
Special Forums IP Networking port 143 doesn't work Post 302244993 by otheus on Thursday 9th of October 2008 05:46:45 AM
Old 10-09-2008
I don't think it's port 143 that's not working. It sounds like /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf is the file you need to configure for it to authenticate against the MySQL database. I'm no expert about dovecot, so google "dovecot mysql howto"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -v -- Why doesn't my example work?

Hi. I've been playing around a bit. This isn't for any practical purpose-- it's really just a theoretical exercise. I wrote this little thing: foreach num ( 6 5 4 ) awk -v "number=$num" 'BEGIN{for(x=0;x<$number;x++) printf "-"; printf "\n"}' end I would expect the following output: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What to do when mtime doesn't work?

I have a folder that I need to search for new files and copy on the latest. I've been using "-mtime -1" in my command line but it doesn't seem to work. I've been meaning to fine a different script because files are dropped into the folder all day long and because of the -mtime, I've only be... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lipo doesn't work

Hi guys, Am using lipo to merge ppc and i386 version of a static/dylib file based on "file type to load". I am working on Mac OS 10.5.6 and new to shell scripting. Please help me out. This is my code. echo "This file combine ppc and i386 file to form universal library" echo "source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwesh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

my script doesn't work :(

i have this script and when i ejecute it, the console tell me this " sintax error line 41 unexpected element "}" " is the sintaxis ok? #!/bin/bash if ;then { exit 0; } if ; then { sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start; sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start; php5 & nautilus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keiserx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo doesn't work right

Hi,when I run my first shell script,I got something that doesn't work right. I wrote this code in the script. echo -e "Hello,World\a\n"But the screen print like this: -e Hello,World The "-e" wasn't supposed to be printed out. Can anyone help me out?:wall: Many thanks!:) (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon
25 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
DOVECONF(1)							      Dovecot							       DOVECONF(1)

NAME
doveconf - Dovecot's configuration dumping utility SYNOPSIS
doveconf [-adnNSx] [-c config-file] [-f filter] [-m module] doveconf [-n] [-c config-file] section_name ... doveconf [-h] [-c config-file] [-f filter] setting_name ... DESCRIPTION
doveconf reads and parses Dovecot's configuration files and converts them into a simpler format used by the rest of Dovecot. All standalone programs, such as dovecot(1) and dovecot-lda(1), will first get their settings by executing doveconf. For system administrators, doveconf is mainly useful for dumping the configuration in easy human readable output. OPTIONS
-a Show all settings with their currently configured values. -c config-file read configuration from the given config-file. By default /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf will be used. -d Show the setting's default value instead of the one currently configured. -f filter Show the matching configuration for the specified filter condition. The filter option string has to be given as name=value pair. For multiple filter conditions the -f option can be supplied multiple times. Possible names for the filter are: lname The local hostname, e.g. mail.example.com. This will only match hostnames which were configured like: local_name mail.example.com { # special settings } local The server's hostname or IP address. This will also match hostnames which were configured like: local imap.example.net { # special settings } protocol, service The protocol, e.g. imap or pop3 remote The client's hostname or IP address. -h Hide the setting's name, show only the setting's value. -m module Show only settings for the given module. e.g. imap, imap-login, lmtp, pop3 or pop3-login -n Show only settings with non-default values. -N Show settings with non-default values and explicitly set default values. -S Dump settings in simplified machine parsable/readable format. -x Expand configuration variables (e.g. $mail_plugins => quota) and show file contents (from e.g. ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dove- cot.pem). section_name Show only the current configuration of one or more specified sections. setting_name Show only the setting of one or more setting_name(s) with the currently configured value. You can show a setting inside a section using '/' as the section separator, e.g. service/imap/executable. EXAMPLE
When Dovecot was configured to use different settings for some networks/subnets it is possible to show which settings will be applied for a specific connection. doveconf -f local=10.0.0.110 -f remote=10.11.1.2 -f service=pop3 -n doveconf can be also used to convert v1.x configuration files into v2.x format. doveconf -n -c /oldpath/dovecot.conf > /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.new This example shows how to ask doveconf for a global setting and a protocol specific setting. The second command uses also the -h option, in order to hide the setting's name. doveconf mail_plugins mail_plugins = quota doveconf -h -f protocol=imap mail_plugins quota imap_quota This example demonstrates how to dump a whole configuration section. doveconf dict dict { quota = pgsql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext } Or how to dump only the quota dict: doveconf dict/quota dict/quota = pgsql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), dovecot(1), dovecot-lda(1), dsync(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-01-29 DOVECONF(1)