Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port 143 doesn't work
Special Forums IP Networking port 143 doesn't work Post 302244993 by otheus on Thursday 9th of October 2008 05:46:45 AM
Old 10-09-2008
I don't think it's port 143 that's not working. It sounds like /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf is the file you need to configure for it to authenticate against the MySQL database. I'm no expert about dovecot, so google "dovecot mysql howto"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -v -- Why doesn't my example work?

Hi. I've been playing around a bit. This isn't for any practical purpose-- it's really just a theoretical exercise. I wrote this little thing: foreach num ( 6 5 4 ) awk -v "number=$num" 'BEGIN{for(x=0;x<$number;x++) printf "-"; printf "\n"}' end I would expect the following output: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What to do when mtime doesn't work?

I have a folder that I need to search for new files and copy on the latest. I've been using "-mtime -1" in my command line but it doesn't seem to work. I've been meaning to fine a different script because files are dropped into the folder all day long and because of the -mtime, I've only be... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lipo doesn't work

Hi guys, Am using lipo to merge ppc and i386 version of a static/dylib file based on "file type to load". I am working on Mac OS 10.5.6 and new to shell scripting. Please help me out. This is my code. echo "This file combine ppc and i386 file to form universal library" echo "source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwesh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

my script doesn't work :(

i have this script and when i ejecute it, the console tell me this " sintax error line 41 unexpected element "}" " is the sintaxis ok? #!/bin/bash if ;then { exit 0; } if ; then { sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start; sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start; php5 & nautilus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keiserx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo doesn't work right

Hi,when I run my first shell script,I got something that doesn't work right. I wrote this code in the script. echo -e "Hello,World\a\n"But the screen print like this: -e Hello,World The "-e" wasn't supposed to be printed out. Can anyone help me out?:wall: Many thanks!:) (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon
25 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
DOVECOT(1)							      Dovecot								DOVECOT(1)

NAME
dovecot - a secure and highly configurable IMAP and POP3 server SYNOPSIS
dovecot [-Fp] [-c config-file] dovecot -a [-c config-file] dovecot -n [-c config-file] dovecot --build-options dovecot --help dovecot --version dovecot reload dovecot stop DESCRIPTION
Dovecot is an open source IMAP and POP3 server for Linux/UNIX-like systems, written with security primarily in mind. Dovecot is an excel- lent choice for both small and large installations. It's fast, simple to set up, requires no special administration and it uses very lit- tle memory. OPTIONS
-a Dump all configuration settings to stdout and exit successfully. The same as doveconf -a. -c config-file Start dovecot with an alternative configuration. -F Run dovecot in foreground, do not daemonize. -n Dump non-default settings to stdout and exit successfully. The same as doveconf -n. -p Prompt for the ssl key password for the configured ssl_key on startup. --build-options Show Dovecot's build options and exit successfully. --help Print a usage message to stdout and exit successfully. --version Show Dovecot's version and exit successfully. COMMANDS
reload Force dovecot to reload its configuration. stop Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. When shutdown_clients is set to no, existing sessions will continue to use the old settings, after a dovecot reload. Also all sessions will keep alive after a dovecot stop. By default all active sessions will be shut down. SIGNALS
Dovecot handles the following signals as described: HUP Force dovecot to reload its configuration. INT Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. TERM Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. USR1 Force dovecot to reopen all configured log files (log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path). The signals ALARM and PIPE are ignored. FILES
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf Dovecot's main configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext Dovecot's LDAP authdb/userdb module configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext Dovecot's SQL authdb/userdb module configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext Dovecot's dict configuration with SQL-backend. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-*-conf.ext Configuration files of different authentication modules. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/*.conf Configuration files of different services and settings. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html AUTHOR
Dovecot <http://dovecot.org> and its manual pages were written by the Dovecot authors <http://dovecot.org/doc/AUTHORS>, mainly Timo Sir- ainen <tss at iki.fi>, and are licensed under the terms of the MIT and LGPLv2.1 licenses, see <http://dovecot.org/doc/COPYING> for details. SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveconf(1), dovecot-lda(1), dsync(1) Dovecot v2.1 2010-07-02 DOVECOT(1)