Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to load different type of data in a file to two arrays Post 302244930 by ahjiefreak on Thursday 9th of October 2008 03:49:56 AM
Old 10-09-2008
Hi,

I have tried your suggestion by having that two arrays created. But when i did try echo ${yes[@]}, it print out the the command "grep yes$ myfile".

Is there any thing I missed out?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

FILE data type

Hi all, Can anyone tell me a little about the datatype FILE, which represents stream. What does its structure look like, and in which header file is it defined and so on... Ex : FILE *fp ; fp = fopen("filename", "w") ; (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading in data sets into arrays from an input file.

Hye all, I would like some help with reading in a file in which the data is seperated by commas. for instance: input.dat: 1,2,34,/test for the above case, the fn. will store the values into an array -> data as follows: data = 1 data = 2 data = 34 data = /test I am trying to write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidamin810
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check the file data type(ascii or binary)

hi i am receiving a file from one system , i have to verify the format of the file data i.e whether the data is in acii format or binary format, please help thanks in advance satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data to flat file from table.

Hi all, I need to know how to copy data from a table say ABC to a flat file say XYZ.dat in unix, Please leave ur comments and the fastest way to do so, I need to load the table records into flat file. Regards Ann (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
4 Replies

8. Web Development

script to load data from csv file

hello i want a script to load the data line by line from a csv file into a mysql table (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srpa01red
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Verify the data type in a file with UNIX function

I am seeking help on this UNIX function, please help. Thanks in advance. I have a large file, named as 'MyFile'. It was tab-delmited, I am told that each record in column 1 is unique. How would I verify this with UNIX function or command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duke0001
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data from a flat file to oracle.

I have a flat file with records like Header 123 James Williams Finance2000 124 Pete Pete HR 1500 125 PatrickHeather Engg 3000 Footer The structure is: Eno:4 characters Name:8 characters Surname : 9 characters Dept:7 characters Sal:4characters These are sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)