Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue installing linux
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Issue installing linux Post 302244919 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 9th of October 2008 03:10:52 AM
Old 10-09-2008
moved to "linux" forum...

@is it an dvd drive in your laptop, or is it the blueray drive (also available at the link you provided...)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issue while installing a Application on AIX

All, I am trying to install a application called Microstrategy on AIX 5.1 box.This is the first time I am working on AIX.The installation fails after some 10% complete.Given below is the text from the installation log file.Do any one of you have any idea what might be the problem? (Jan 19,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apu78
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with installing solaris 10 OS on sparc 5

Rebooting with command: boot cdrom -s Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args: -s Evaluating: boot cdrom -s Can't open boot device If any one knows please advise. I have changed the CDrom but it did not help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ark
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with installing GCC on Darwin - Trying not to freak out

The learning curve with UNIX is a bit steep and devastatingly humbling. Anywho, I need GCC so that I can install the software that I actually need and am terribly stuck. When I attempt to configure gcc I get the following error: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffish
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

5. AIX

Issue with installing rpm in AIX 6.1

I am trying to install an rpm : libiconv-1.14-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm which is a dependency to install GIT. While I gave the command I got the foll message: root:user-> $ rpm -i -v libiconv-1.14-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm libiconv-1.14-1 ar: Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Issue while installing antivirus

I downloaded a trial version Kaspersky PURE 3.0.13.0.2.558 While installing it was showing a message that :" The foll. is a problem for proper working of this antivurus Norton Internet ..../ Norton Anti-virus / Norton ...." The message was something like this. I searched for Norton in "search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Issue w/manually installing OpenSSL 1.0.1j

My Redhat Enterprise 5 system is vulnerable to POODLE and there does not seem to be a Redhat fix coming down the pipe. So I have downloaded OpenSSL 1.0.1j from source and built it. My question is ho do I make sure the Apache and Tomcat use the1.0.1j version and not the distro version. Thanks,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 issue installing libraries

Solaris 10 sparc - currently trying to install gpg, first trying to install the pre-requisite libraries. Facing errors installing some of the libraries, same error being faced with each. The configure command passes successfully for each but when running make command errors such as below are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue in installing expect and Tcl

Hi I need to install expect in redhat. through net I came to know that I must install tcl too in order to make expect work. I have downloaded both packages but not able to install # ls -lrt total 3720 18:33 tcl8.4.20-src.tar.gz 18:33 expect5.45.3.tar.gz 18:40 expect5.45.3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies

10. AIX

Strange issue installing Java 8

I just intalled java8_64.jre and .sdk respectively installp -agXYd . Java8_64.jre Java8_64.sdk 2>&1 | tee installp.log Worked like a champ. Now I see this-- jeff@server:/usr> ls -l | grep java drwxr-xr-x 9 bin bin 512 Sep 22 2010 java14 drwxr-xr-x 7 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
SD(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							     SD(4)

NAME
sd - driver for SCSI disk drives SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/hdreg.h> /* for HDIO_GETGEO */ #include <linux/fs.h> /* for BLKGETSIZE and BLKRRPART */ CONFIGURATION
The block device name has the following form: sdlp, where l is a letter denoting the physical drive, and p is a number denoting the parti- tion on that physical drive. Often, the partition number, p, will be left off when the device corresponds to the whole drive. SCSI disks have a major device number of 8, and a minor device number of the form (16 * drive_number) + partition_number, where drive_num- ber is the number of the physical drive in order of detection, and partition_number is as follows: partition 0 is the whole drive partitions 1-4 are the DOS "primary" partitions partitions 5-8 are the DOS "extended" (or "logical") partitions For example, /dev/sda will have major 8, minor 0, and will refer to all of the first SCSI drive in the system; and /dev/sdb3 will have major 8, minor 19, and will refer to the third DOS "primary" partition on the second SCSI drive in the system. At this time, only block devices are provided. Raw devices have not yet been implemented. DESCRIPTION
The following ioctls are provided: HDIO_GETGEO Returns the BIOS disk parameters in the following structure: struct hd_geometry { unsigned char heads; unsigned char sectors; unsigned short cylinders; unsigned long start; }; A pointer to this structure is passed as the ioctl(2) parameter. The information returned in the parameter is the disk geometry of the drive as understood by DOS! This geometry is not the physical geometry of the drive. It is used when constructing the drive's partition table, however, and is needed for convenient operation of fdisk(1), efdisk(1), and lilo(1). If the geometry information is not available, zero will be returned for all of the parameters. BLKGETSIZE Returns the device size in sectors. The ioctl(2) parameter should be a pointer to a long. BLKRRPART Forces a reread of the SCSI disk partition tables. No parameter is needed. The SCSI ioctl(2) operations are also supported. If the ioctl(2) parameter is required, and it is NULL, then ioctl(2) will fail with the error EINVAL. FILES
/dev/sd[a-h]: the whole device /dev/sd[a-h][0-8]: individual block partitions COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-05-03 SD(4)