Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To copy everything except 2 files Post 302244874 by *Jess* on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 11:15:47 PM
Old 10-09-2008
Thanks for the reply.

There's an error when:
cp !(foo|bar) /my/destination/dir
root@rskcs3 # cp !(abc.txt|bcd.txt) /tmp/test1
syntax error: `(' unexpected

I'm using ksh, seems like not working.Smilie

Shall try out the next following codes.

What is the ^bar$ --^ & $ for? I'm still quite new in scripting

Last edited by *Jess*; 10-09-2008 at 12:21 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy files

Hi, Under the home directory, I want to search for all the *.xml files and move them all into another folder under home. Is it possbile using a single find command . Regards, Chirayu Sutaria (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirayus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy of files

hi all i have a script,which when executed must copy 3 files from a directory on boxA to the same directory on boxB.I'm using scp to copy these files,the problem is out ofthe 3 files only1 is been copied and not the other 2, i have permissons for the files,any ideas are appreciated thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

3. SCO

How do you copy files from CD

How do you copy files fra a cd-rom to a directory on the computer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schnell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy only new files or files of a different size

hello i would like to copy files from 1 location to a nother, but it has only to copy files which are newer or have a different filesize. all has to be logged to a copy.log file (als skipped files should be in the log) is this possible with the cp command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnoldg
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy all files

how i can copy all files " select all " in one step t try command cp -t (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files

Hi Team, I am unable to copy the files, when i run the below script, i am getting error as file not present, not sure what i am missing. # File to be looked upon File_Pattern='*.zip' TMP_FILE=flagfile Check=`find $Directorypath -name $File_Pattern -type f -newer $TMP_FILE -print |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
grass-odbc(1grass)						Grass User's Manual						grass-odbc(1grass)

NAME
grass-odbc - ODBC driver ODBC driver ODBC driver in GRASS Communication between GRASS and ODBC database for attribute management: | GRASS module | | ODBC Interface | | RDBMS | GRASS | DBMI driver | unixODBC | ODBC driver | PostgreSQL | Oracle | ... Supported SQL commands All SQL commands supported by ODBC. Operators available in conditions All SQL operators supported by ODBC. EXAMPLE
In this example we copy the dbf file of a SHAPE map into ODBC, then connect GRASS to the ODBC DBMS. Usually the table will be already present in the DBMS. Configure ODBC driver for selected database (manually or with 'ODBCConfig'). ODBC drivers are defined in /etc/odbcinst.ini. Here is example: [PostgreSQL] Description = ODBC for PostgreSQL Driver = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so Setup = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so FileUsage = 1 Create DSN (data source name). The DSN is used as database name in db.* modules. Then DSN must be defined in $HOME/.odbc.ini (for this user only) or in /etc/odbc.ini for (for all users) [watch out for the database name which appears twice and also for the PostgreSQL protocol version]. Omit blanks at the beginning of lines: [grass6test] Description = PostgreSQL Driver = PostgreSQL Trace = No TraceFile = Database = grass6test Servername = localhost UserName = neteler Password = Port = 5432 Protocol = 8.0 ReadOnly = No RowVersioning = No ShowSystemTables = No ShowOidColumn = No FakeOidIndex = No ConnSettings = Configuration of an DSN without GUI is described on http://www.unixodbc.org/odbcinst.html, but odbc.ini and .odbc.ini may be created by the 'ODBCConfig' tool. You can easily view your DSN structure by 'DataManager'. Con- figuration with GUI is described on http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/UserManual/ To find out about your PostgreSQL protocol, run: psql -V Now create a new database if not yet existing: db.createdb driver=odbc database=grass6test Now store the table 'mytable.dbf' (here: in current directory) into PostgreSQL through ODBC: db.connect driver=odbc database=grass6test db.copy from_driver=dbf from_database=./ from_table=mytable to_driver=odbc to_database=grass6test to_table=mytable Next link map to attribute table (now the ODBC table is used, not the dbf file): v.db.connect map=mytable.shp table=mytable key=ID database=grass6test driver=odbc v.db.connect -p Finally a test: Here we should see the table columns (if the ODBC connection works): db.tables -p db.columns table=mytable Now the table name 'mytable' should appear. Doesn't work? Check with 'isql ' if the ODBC-PostgreSQL connection is really established. Note that you can also connect mySQL, Oracle etc. through ODBC to GRASS. You can also check the vector map itself concerning a current link to a table: v.db.connect -p mytable.shp which should print the database connection through ODBC to the defined RDBMS. SEE ALSO
db.connect, v.db.connect, unixODBC web site, SQL support in GRASS GIS Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-odbc(1grass)